Poll for which reptile I should get

Ok, so I have space for a 24in L x 18in D x 24in H enclosure, but I’m not sure what reptile to put in it. I’ve done tons of research and narrowed it down to these animals. I’d love for y’all to help me decide!

• Female Crested Gecko For My Male
  • Leachie
  • Chahoua Gecko
  • Pygmy Python
  • Some Sort Of Tree Frog, Likely Red Eyed

0 voters

2 Likes

You know I’m a snake person so I say go with the Pygmy Python!

3 Likes

Yep, pygmy python for me! Any fun-sized snake that looks like a large one is definitely for me (or, for anyone :slight_smile:)!

3 Likes

Thanks for the opinion! They are a dream animal of mine. That being said, all the other ones are dream animals too lmao

3 Likes

But which one is your favorite dream animal lol

3 Likes

Yeah, pygmies are great. Never seen one in person, but I used to work with some other Antaresia when I was volunteering at a reptile rescue.

3 Likes

Oof, that’s a tough one. I don’t really think I have a favorite reptile.

3 Likes

Or you could get more hoggies :joy:

3 Likes

That’s for sure gonna happen. I’m planning on building a whole breeding rack next year and I have a list of what morphs I want to work with and all that. This enclosure will be going on top of the rack.

3 Likes

Ooh, that is a harder one then. I feel like you would need a change-up like a gecko or frogs if it will be against other snakes, but the pygmy would still be cool. That makes it a hard choice :thinking:

2 Likes

More than 1 female crestie can go in that size :smirk:

4 Likes

I’m sure they can, but probably not gonna get more than one. I’m not much of a cohabber.

2 Likes

That’s fair enough!
I keep 2/3 in 60x45x60. Same size as that^
Try not to go for a female that’s been with another then as some do seem to prefer the company.
(If you go for Cresties)

4 Likes

I voted for the pygmy python…though full disclosure, that’s mostly because it’s the only snake on the list, and I generally favour snakes over most lizards.

That said, pygmy pythons are super cool and cute. That’s probably what I’d get in your position.

My second choice would probably be the frog. Either a red-eyed tree frog or perhaps a White’s. I’ve never kept frogs long-term, but I’ve always liked them and would like to maybe keep a few species in the future. Only downside to amphibians is that they’re not great for handling…though some folks say they’re okay to handle with gloves. Even still, if you want something you can frequently take out and play with, frogs might not be the best choice. Just something to keep in mind.

4 Likes

For a frog Milks and Whites are my fav :star_struck:

1 Like