Possible and Probable Male/Female Labels

I would love to see possible and probable gender labels for crested gecko listings. Crested geckos give indications of their gender when they’re young, but it’s rarely enough for a seller to make a guarantee from. I’d love the possible and probable gender labels show where the current gender labels do, maybe just as lighter blues or pinks.

5 Likes

The problem I see with adding a feature like this is it will certainly lead to things being labeled pos/prob whichever sex is more expensive. It also removes any onus for a breeder to accurately sex animals.

The best way to approach this is probably to list it as unknown and in the description “0.0.X”

@eaglereptiles @chesterhf what do you guys think?

6 Likes

I agree with Dons feedback on this.

4 Likes

I agree with you 100%, I think sex either needs to be listed as male or female (guaranteed as much as can honestly be expected) or unknown.

5 Likes

I know I wasn’t asked but I would say that it is imperative that breeders are able to sex the gender of their animals that they are trying to sell. If they are not able to tell or that spices holds their identifiable parts until an older age, then the animal should be listed as unknown in regards to gender. I think it would lead to a much higher portion of customers ending up with an animal that’s gender is different then they originally purchased. And people don’t like this sort of thing…if it is only pos male or pos female, then no harm done, right? That is currently not the case, and we have even seen that when something is sold as the wrong gender already. People want to have guarantees and 100%s on things so that there can be some accountability for the seller if the “product” is different then described.

4 Likes