Possible gravid uh oh

I think I got more then I asked for so I posted here about a chunky ball python and getting here I think she may come with some extras once I got more pictures now that she is here she is also in shed please tell me she isn’t gravid these are the pics they sent me after I bought her haven’t messed with her since is in shed

2 Likes

Ngl she might be both from what I’m seeing. Because if she’s just fat I wouldn’t buy her because WOW she’s like a shampoo bottle with how thick she is.

1 Like

I have seen a bunch of video’s with females that look like that. Looks like eggs in there to me.
Isn’t that a good thing if you want to breed her?

1 Like

The plan was to breed her next year when I knew what the father was and it was planned I guess I will setup the incubator just in case seems how she is already in shed

1 Like

Ask the guy you got her from when she was bred and to which male. You will know what the babies will look like.

1 Like

All he says is I don’t remember breeding her his lady said she locked with the Mojave male they have at least 7 times that she remembers

I would say his lady is right and she bred with Mojave. Hopefully you will have some Super Mojave (BEL)
If she is a Mojave, she looks like one to me.

1 Like

She was sold as just a lesser

1 Like

Well you will still get BEL’s then. I love the Blue Eyed Lucy’s.

1 Like

Doesn’t necessarily mean she is fat. I have ball pythons females that are 3000 to 5000 grams. If she’s bowl wrapping like it looks like in the photo she is more likely building rather than gravid. But if she is been breeding she still may ovulate using the retained sperm. If you don’t want eggs I would recommend not pairing her anymore! Lol

3 Likes

I was more referring to the thickness of her neck and the rolls when it’s bent. I agree that ball pythons can get heavy without being obese, but the rolls on her neck look a bit much, especially since there’s almost no separation between the neck and head.

2 Likes

Does she still look chunky/swollen now that you have her? You said the above pics were from whoever you got her from. It could’ve been an ovulation swell in those pics but that should go away in 24hrs. If she still looks like that and she was paired then yes you could be expecting eggs. It shouldn’t affect you breeding her next year, especially if she’s that gravid you should have plenty of time to get her weight back up for next season. And extra BELs never hurt. Goodluck

1 Like

It very well can ball pythons can retain sperm for over a year!

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct. To clarify I meant if she lays this year and therefore probably shouldn’t retain.

Probably shouldn’t but possibly could! I’ve had it happen in the past.

She still looks super fat lol will take pictures tomorrow it’s cleaning day

I would say she is obese. Even with eggs her neck shouldn’t be that thick. If she doesn’t lay she is definitely fat and needs a diet. A picture of her fully stretched out will help.

1 Like

That’s the normal I got with her also guessing bout was bred the lesser has refused food the normal is still taking food

1 Like

Okay good no incubator this year

No babies? Just chunks? :sweat_smile: