“Power feeding” breeder female

@jngriffin Yep, that’s what I did. Ended up selling her to someone local that loves her and is keeping her on the same feeding routine I had her on.

@kevin77
I feed my females 1 small a week.
He asked me to bump her up to 2 smalls a week and offered to pay extra for the feeders.
Decided that 2 smalls wasn’t enough so wanted me to bump her up to 2 mediums a week (I assume anyways, 2 smalls would have still been more than 1 medium)

1 Like

I have to ask. You let customers visit your collection in person?

Do you have a separate facility?

4 Likes

I’m not quite big enough to have my own facility, so our collection is in our house. I rarely have anyone request to visit in person so I’m not entirely worried about it.

We have an attached garage that was converted into a regular room before we moved in, and so it’s being used as the main reptile room. There’s a side door that leads to the outside, so we can have people come in without having them coming into the main part of the house.

We’re getting ready to purchase a wireless camera system and likely some kind of alarm system, so if anyone does try to break in to steal they’ll be more likely to get caught.

2 Likes

Tell them she’s regurgitating them or something, give refund and keep her. Sell her off to a more responsible person and owner. She seems to be breeding weight already to me.

They already gave a refund to the person.

Yeah, I don’t know why people keep missing that… perhaps giving your insight without reading the entire thread isn’t quite the best way to contribute to the conversation :rofl:

But I already refunded the person, blocked them after their rather childish response, and found her a new home with someone local. She’s doing great and has settled in well with her new family!

Can we know who, so we add them to a DNS list? Seriously. I feed all my girls a small rat weekly, even my 2500gm girls. Gwen looks great. Really happy you refunded and she went to someone else. Our animals are much loved pets, all 35 have names, get held and played with. A few of them go to the middle school every so often. I do not understand how people do not treat them like living breathing animals.

1 Like

Sure thing, I can PM you the name. If anyone else wishes to know please PM me as well.

All of mine have names too, and I try to take them out as often as I can with how many I have. They’re all my babies and I really don’t get how people can treat them like they’re not actually living breathing creatures either.

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Safe selling strategies

Glad you found her a good home :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a few that I have thought about letting go but I have had them to long and afraid that they won’t be taken care of well so they just will stay with me.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s fair. The only reason I ultimately decided to let her go is because she’s a spider — I have nothing against the morph of course, it’s one of my favorites, but it’s hard to select pairings when I have so many spiders in my collection.

As of right now I have 4 females with spider that I’m raising up, 2
males with spider in my main collection, and 3 more males with spider that I’m not keeping. For reference, I have 30 ball pythons now in total.
That and I seem to be having a harder time selling the spider babies, not many people want to work with them or purchase them because of how badly stigmatized they are.

1 Like