Problems with Square Payments

So I attempted to set up a square account. Not all to difficult but not that easy either. I did my first ever reptile show and used square for the first time as well. Here we are a month later. They have deactivated my account and are holding the funds for 90 days and I cannot contact anyone to get any information or correct any information that is needed to keep an account.
All I really got was an email stating the Account was deactivated, they are holding my funds for 90 days and that the decision is permanent.
Has anyone run across the situation and have been able to fix this problem? If so please share.

3 Likes

I am sorry that this is happening to you. I don’t have any first hand experience with square but I am sure some of the other members do and will be more then happy to help you. Again, I am so sorry that they are choosing to do this.

4 Likes

That’s really weird.
They may have looked at it as a fraudulent activity as there was suddenly a large amount of cash being drawn in? I didn’t have a problem with Square or paypal… but weirdly I had an issue with Wells Fargo bank deactivating an account on me before I even had a chance to transfer my funds into it O_o;

I would see if you can call and speak to a rep. Something flagged them in order to do that… I’m wondering if someone tried to file a chargeback or something to do it.

5 Likes

Daaang, I’m so sorry that this happened to you! I recently set up a Square account myself but haven’t had cause to use it yet. I hope you get resolution soon. I agree with @armiyana, you need to speak to an actual human. (Side rant, I hate how difficult so many organizations have made it to speak to actual humans! :tired_face:) When you do, write notes. Include the date, time, and the name of the representative as well as what they tell you. These details all matter in getting disputes resolved. Please do share what happens. And good luck!

4 Likes