Promoting House Snakes to a Top-Level Category [Pending]

I was looking through the house snake ads and all of the morphs make it very tricky to browse through them. I think having a more organized way of viewing those morphs would be extremely useful. It might not be necessary right now, since there are only ~120 ads. I think that in the future there will be more ads, so I think it is something that will be more useful in the future than right now. They are the 2nd/3rd highest ad category that isn’t top-level, behind tegus, and the same as chameleons. Even though they don’t have the most ads, I think it would be very beneficial to have it as a top-level category sometime because of the morphs.

5 Likes

Great idea Riley,

Ive moved this to the traits list sub and we can start getting a list of morphs and their genetics whipped up :blush:

3 Likes

I don’t know a ton about house snake morphs but these are the traits I know of / can find on the marketplace. There are a ton of species of house snakes but only a handful are prevalent in the hobby. African File Snakes are in the same family but I don’t know if those would be included or not.

Species
Black African House Snake (Boaedon fuliginosus)
Cape House Snake (Boaedon capensis)
Olive House Snake (Boaedon inornatus)
Striped House Snake (Boaedon lineatus)

Recessive
Blue-Eyed
Hypo
T+ Albino
T- Albino

Dominant
None

Line Bred/Localities
KNZ Red
Green

Combos
Sunglow- T+ Albino & Hypo

2 Likes

This is over a year old. Any chance of an African House Snake calculator being added soon?

3 Likes

With the very recent promotion of the majority of existing categories we can now start work on this :blush:

4 Likes

Yay!!!:heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes