"Purchase Animal" vs "Inquire about Animal" [4993]

Maybe a compromise is to have both-
Purchase and inquire.
Then the seller can prioritise responses based on their own priorities.

I will prioritise inquire though. I value customers more if they want berrer information unless i can see they don’t need it from their profile.
I might also want to ask my own questions.
I want to know if my customers know how to look after it and also for my customers to know how mine are kept, for one example, if they want to use a glass fish tank, I can warn them that the animal will need acclimatisation and lots of cover.

6 Likes

I feel like we kicked back into gear with this thread guys :muscle:thank you!
Analytics of the change are being looked over.

Whats everyone’s favourite?

• Inquire to Buy
  • Inquire to Purchase
  • Inquire about Animal
  • Purchase Animal
  • Inquire
  • Two Options (Buy it Now / Inquire)

0 voters

9 Likes

That is how we do it!

10 Likes

I’m so happy to see this!

Is it possible for this to be amongst the ones highlighted on the front page, even be a “sticky” for awhile so that we can potentially get more input from the community as a whole?

8 Likes

Good idea! It is up there :wink:

7 Likes

I realise the banner at the top of this thread is not very effective :sweat_smile: The wording has been set back to “Inquire to Buy”, but please still vote above and continue to give feedback.

8 Likes

Thank you so much!!

7 Likes

It seems to me that “Inquire about animal” and “Inquire” are basically the same. I voted for “Inquire about animal”, but it was a coin toss for me as I see them as the same. In my opinion they are both superior choices to “Inquire to Purchase” as that choice still indicates a higher level of commitment psychologically. They are all 3 better than “Purchase Animal” which no one seems to like.

To the other 5 people that voted for “Inquire” or “Inquire about animal” Is anyone opposed to combining those 2 choices into 1? I’m fine with either wording.

9 Likes

I like inquire about animal👍

9 Likes

I felt the same. I chose just ‘Inquire’ because it’s shorter and would look better as a button, visually. And I felt like adding the ‘about animal’ is sort of not necessary? Because you’re on the animal’s page already, so it’s obvious that that’s what you’re inquiring about. But it’s a minor thing and I would be happy with either ‘Inquire’ or ‘Inquire about Animal’.

8 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. I would be fine with “Inquire” or “Inquire about Animal” as well.

8 Likes

Yup, me three. Went with “Inquire” because “about animal” seemed unnecessary, though maybe someone might see that as different. Either of those, though, is much better to my mind than “Purchase Animal.”

Thank you, MorphMarket powers that be, for hearing the concerns on this!

9 Likes

I voted for both to be available Purchase and inquire in an attempt to compromise, but I seem to be in the minority at today’s posting.
The new ‘inquire to buy’ has Zero votes currently and the similar ‘Purchase animal’ has the same Zero.
Looks like the old ‘Inquire’ is most popular so far which was my initial choice.
Voting might change with time though.

5 Likes

It actually was “Inquire to Buy” originally, but yeah looks like we are seeing clear winners.

6 Likes

It doesn’t appear that any additional votes have been placed in the past several days. Has there been a decision made?

4 Likes

Hey @eaglereptiles not sure if we’ve discussed this possibility before but maybe for inquiries provide a drop down with canned messages? (Of course you would still be able to type in a custom message.) New people may feel a little shy about reaching out, may be self conscious about what to ask.
I would love a canned “I would like to purchase this animal, please send me an invoice.”
A common need could be “I would like to place a deposit on this animal, please send details and an invoice.”
Another could be “I have some questions about this animal, please let me know when you have a moment to chat about it.”

8 Likes

I love this idea, plus just the general idea of adding a guide on how to ask questions to get the best answers.

9 Likes

Well I just had an angry seller because I asked questions without buying once I got the answers.
I was called rude and called a time waster and blocked for the first time ever. Just because I politely asked questions and then found out it was a female breed at under 1300g (currently 1000g) and a mouse eater and so I felt it was not what I was looking for. (there were no weights in the advert)
I really think we should be able to ask questions before deciding to buy and sellers should be expected to have questions asked.
I dont think its the case with ‘inquire to buy

2 Likes