Puzzle Hypo Ultramel

So Happy, Puzzle Hypo Ultramel

22 Likes

Sooo pretty!
Congratulations on an amazing little one.

7 Likes

rooster teeth win GIF by Achievement Hunter

9 Likes

Wow! That BP will knock your socks off! That’s a beaut! Congratulations! :+1::sunglasses::clap:

7 Likes

Just wow!!! I love this combo and now u got me thinking of what i want next. FML my wife’s going to kill me soon.

8 Likes

:point_up::rofl:

Holy guacamole, what a fantastic looking snake! Congratulations!!!

7 Likes

My goodness! I love the colors! I honestly would believe you that it would be candy if you told me. Love it in every way!

8 Likes

So good! Being het ultramel is a bonus on top of a awesome looking double recessive! Congrats with that breeding program!

Spongebob Squarepants Ok GIF

7 Likes

Puzzle Hypo Ultramel … not het.

8 Likes

You right! My bad, I guess I shouldn’t read when I’m tired😂

8 Likes

Very nice looking. I really like the look of this ball. Is the head elongated more than normal balls? Or is it just the head pattern making it look longer. I prefer this look as I like my boas to have longer and bigger heads. Never liked dwarf snakes with short stubby heads. I see this with a lot of dwarf and blood boas.

6 Likes

I can see what you mean, the first only ball pythons that I know of with a larger head are some of the Volta/sub Saharan. I would guess like you the awesome pattern on its head. The op will answer I’m sure. I was interested in what you said about the dwarf snakes having more short or almost stubby heads. I have noticed this with some types of dwarf retics too. Most notably selayer, but some others to an extent as well. Also dwarf Burmese which have even a higher eye placement to regular burms! Just wondering if you know or why you think in so many different species of snake the dwarfs show this particular difference?

5 Likes

@banereptiles

I don’t know the scientific reason. But most smaller BCI locality boas have the smaller head. I call it the pit bull looking head. :rofl: Where the bigger BCC boas have the long head more arrow head shape.

So, with all the cross breeding with morphs, you get a mix of genetics with the babies. Some will have the smaller head where others have the longer head. I see this a lot with the VPI stuff and fire boas out there. As both of these morphs have BCC and BCA in them.

Also, there are some very distinct head patterns on some morphs that help figure out what localities may be in it.

It’s hard to explain sometimes, but after seeing thousands of boas and pictures of boas over the past 47 years, I usually can figure it out most of the time or at least have a good guess in my opinion. :wink:

6 Likes

It is elongated more than normal. That’s one thing that a lot of bp breeders don’t seem to notice, head structure. There’s a ton of different head shapes now, longer, shorter, wider, narrower, hourglass shaped, etc. Some morphs can influence how the head shape appears (patternless heads, wider eye stripes like in puzzle or crypton), but their head shapes really do vary too.

I’ve noticed some morphs tend to have certain head shapes too (not necessarily tied to the morph). Quite a few animals from clown lineages have an hourglass shaped head, some mahoganies have larger muscles on their skull (some supers have this to a bit of an extreme, probably from breeding two animals with this head shape together?). I really don’t think these head shapes are tied to the morphs, like how duckbilling is tied to cinny/bp, just something that’s commonly seen with them.

7 Likes