Quad visual recessive

Does anyone have a baby picture of a visual axanthic clown pied ultramel?

The closest I’ve seen to a four gene reccesive visual is a hypo ultramel pied.

1 Like

I don’t know that anyone has produced such an animal. I’m curious as to why you’d want axanthic in that mix, as that kind of ruins the unique color appeal from ultramel?

1 Like

Y’all should try corn snakes, I bought a quad-recessive adult male for $300. Good recessive combos aee too rare in ball pythons for a couple reasons. 1) They don’t produce the clutch numbers that other snakes do. 2) The profit motive has nearly everyone chasing incomplete dominant mutations, there are so many visual hets in P regius, most breeders are looking for a time-short-circuit to make a quick buck.

The hobby, on the whole, is unhealthily obsessed with short term results so they can get paid, that’s why multiple recessives are so rare in the ball python market. I think it is finally swinging the other direction, but it has been a long run of gold rush behavior to date.

1 Like

I think axanthic would give it a more subtle, low contrast look, but no less desirable. Not everyone has the same goals.

That’s precisely why I asked! It’s not for me, but I like to hear other folks take on things. That’s part of what makes this hobby so great

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Alright then