Question for those with freedom breeder prolines

I wanted to ask a quick question to those with proline racks, do you have the depth/height measurements of the channels the tubs ride in? I’m curious if the fb90 tubs would be able to ride within the proline rails.

(FB90 tub rail dimensions are just over 15 mm tall and 19mm deep, as compared to ars 70 tubs are roughly 17mm tall and similarly deep)

2 Likes

OK, I ordered rails for the fb90 tubs. Got them in today and they’re going to work beautifully. They will not work for non fb tubs it would appear, which is smart on their part.

I’ll go pick up 1" aluminum tubing when my supplier has it in stock so I can build an 8 level. Unless I decide to build the frame out of wood instead.

4 Likes

Sorry man, I meant to get some measurements and come back to this but forgot about it.

Glad it worked out for ya. Great idea!

2 Likes

Not a problem, I was going to order enough for the fb90 rack regardless, just wanted to see if they’d work for the ve super 70 tubs also, as they’d make some builds so easy, but alas that was a bust.

3 Likes

@randall_turner_jr

Randall, have you checked out concrete mixing tubs? They come in lots of different sizes. I have seen them in the 2’ long size all the way up to 6’ long.

https://www.google.com/search?q=concrete+mixing+tub&oq=concrete+mixin&aqs=chrome.0.0i512l2j69i57j0i512l12.20552j0j7&client=ms-android-att-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#scso=_bMpJZI6pPJ6JptQPw8OykAU_29:0

1 Like

I’ve had hit and miss luck with concrete tubs. I have considered looking at them off and on again, but when I’ve looked at them locally they’ve been less than good quality, lots of thin spots etc.

1 Like

Ice fishing sled tubs may work to.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ice+fishing+sled+&client=ms-android-att-us-revc&sxsrf=APwXEdcbuA8Z3Oh9m4UPmXMBpiI897uk5A%3A1682563011815&ei=w99JZMaLMbGeptQPm7mZ6AE&oq=ice+fishing+sled+&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMyBAgjECcyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEOgoIABBHENYEELADOgUIIRCgAToICAAQigUQhgM6BQghEKsCOggIABAWEB4QDzoGCAAQFhAeSgQIQRgAUIIxWJlMYO9UaAFwAHgAgAGQAYgBmgySAQQxLjEzmAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#scso=_X-BJZJOJBcGZptQP7IGOqAk_31:0

3 Likes

Pretty well set on using 3/4" plywood for the fb90 rack. I ripped down a bunch earlier for the sliding rails for rodent racks so tested them in the proline rails. Thinking I’ll pick up the material this weekend and if time is available I’ll try to get it built.

3 Likes