Question for Torontonians - PVC Racks

Hey folks,

New member here. Been keeping and breeding various snakes for over the last 15 years. Used to contribute regularly to ReptilesCanada.com (IYKYK)

I usually opt for melamine in my enclosures but wanted to ask where DIY-ers are buying their PVC board in or around Toronto.

The ones online are all sign shop wholesalers. Keep rejecting my business because I’m not a sign shop.

Roma has 9mm and other replaces have thick trim boards. Looking for black 3/4" ideally.

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

What is stopping you from being a sign shop? Why not just make “signs in the shape of a box for the purpose of keeping animals”? What’s the worst that could happen :wink:

1 Like

Could try a bit of social engineering as a last resort. But they ask for tons of info.

Ideally there’s a place that just lets you by 4x8 sheets on a regular basis.

So another, possibly better option, is to find a place within 100 miles or so and order 10 to 20 sheets at a time so you won’t have to make the trip as frequently. Would probably be annoying to have to make a longer trip but if you buy big enough quantities you would only have to make them every couple of months (depending on how much you need and use).

2 Likes

You might be able to make a deal with a local sign shop to sell you blank sheets, maybe at a discount.

1 Like