Questions about Super dwarf Reticulated pythons

How big do dwarfs get? Are super dwarfs ok for intermediate owners how well do they feed, cage size requirements? Handleablity?

Best thing for you to do is find Garrett Hartle’s YouTube channel and spend a few days watching. He answers everything you have asked here and more :+1:t4:

6 Likes

I recommend Garrett Hartle’s YouTube channel as well. Garrett is a great guy, and very knowledgeable about super dwarfs

4 Likes

Super dwarfs hybrids from good lineages reach around 8-10feet and around 20-30 lbs for females,
and 6-8 feet and just a few pounds for males.

The extra couple feet difference between male and female makes for a HUGE size difference.

The species in general is food oriented, it’s extremely uncommon for them to refuse a meal unless in the breeding state.

For cage sizing I’d recommend buying/creating the largest semi-arboreal enclosure you can afford; however, super dwarf retics grow slowly. You you can house them in a 40 gallon breeder for a few years while planning out the perfect end game enclosure.

SD’s in general handle well, I’d recommend staying away from the platinum/fire/ultra lines, as those have the potential to be more defensive.
In general if you put in the work then you can develop an excellent relationship with them, they have the potential to be a little more active that their mainland counterparts, but their size makes them easier to handle.

Super dwarfs are good for knowledgeable owners of any experience level, but you have not conducted the proper research, therefore a super dwarf is not okay for you at this moment in time.

3 Likes

I mean… It sounds like they are doing the research right now…

3 Likes

I agree find Garrett Hartle’s YouTube channel , loads of good information. Size depends on the snake and how big his parents are. My super dwarf platinum is a male and from small parents so I don’t expect him to get much bigger then around 6 or 7 feet. He is very laid back, smart, and easy to handle.

2 Likes