Racks suitable for cornsnakes?

As some people here know I’m trying to start breeding more seriously - the problem I have is not much space and I’m trying to find racks, if they’re even suitable for cornsnakes. My breeding species will be corns, Hognose, Mourning Geckos & emerald tree skinks.

I’m hoping for advice on whether racking suitable for Corns & Hognose and if so whether anyone has any recommendations. Incidentally are palmetto corns particularly calm compared to other morphs? - because the two I have obtained recently like nothing more that sitting on my hand and watching YouTube :flushed:.

I’m not sure where to put this so if it’s in the wrong place feel free to move it. Thanks for any suggestions.

I’m also curious if anyone has found RUB or type boxes that’ll fit a 2ft 15" deep vivarium - because it strikes me that there would be a lot of people interested in the hobby - the 1.5l RUB is a few centimetres too long to fit.

1 Like

My wife and I are planning to upgrade our hognoses into a ARS 5040 when they get big enough. She was originally against a rack system as the majority of tubs are either a solid gray or opaque. But that rack system has an option for clear tubs which was a big selling point for us. I’m certain you can keep an average sized corn snake in there with no issues.

2 Likes

We’ve been using the ARS 5040 hybrid for our adult hognoses for a couple years now and love it. We plan to spring for the 7030 hybrid early next year; a 550 gram + female looks a bit too cramped for my liking in the 50 series tubs.

1 Like

Do they ship to, have an agent, in UK?

Hi, just wondering if they ship to UK because im having real problems finding anything useful over here that is any use for a small breeder/someone starting out.

Mutation Creation has ARS. Balls 2 U is in the UK and he also has ARs.

2 Likes

I imagine they do. I know of a hognose breeder that bought the 5040 Hybrid rack and he’s in the UK

1 Like

I live in the US so unfortunately, I do not know if they ship to or have an agent in the UK. I would explore their website or contact their customer support. Customer support tends to be very responsive and helpful

1 Like

Ars will ship a hybrid system to the UK but shipping is $500. If you are not VAT registered you will also pay 20% VAT on the cost of the rack plus shipping, so your $2100 rack now costs $3120 or about £2350.
For suppliers in Europe that make racks, look up IMCages on facebook or instagram, they’re currently running a black friday sale. They make pvc and steel racks. Also look up lanzo herp cages, alu-racks, LP racks websites.
Hero Xotics will likely be your best option, as they are located in the UK, as opposed to the other companies I mentioned which are in the EU, they make pvc racks. There’s also supposed to be another company getting off the ground and selling racks to the public soon, which I think will be called great british racks. Lastly, there’s jvk racks, which are the most expensive, but they do look to be the best quality wise.
You can also check on facebook on the uk reptile equipment groups I think one is called racks for sale uk or similar, you can get second hand ones for good value if you haven’t set your mind to a particular brand.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spam on the site