Red Eyed Crocodile Skink Care sheet

Since Red Eyed Crocodile skinks are one of my most popular selling animals, I wrote up a care guide for them. There seems to be some myth (largely propagated by inexperienced keepers who make simple mistakes) that they are hard to keep alive. I’d like to dispel this rumor by spreading some good solid info, and hopefully avert some disasters in the future :slight_smile:

Let me know what you guys think. open to constructive feedback - did I miss anything?

9 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I know this was posted 8 months ago but I was very happy to have found this as it was my first venture from the ball python community. I have little to no knowledge of these guys but am looking into getting one or two as I love the way they look. It would be my first reptile outside turtles and ball pythons.
I only have one question, would you think of these animals as solitary or would a pair be better?

2 Likes

I do not believe they β€œneed” companions. But they can be kept communally provided that you offer enough hiding spaces so that they do not need to compete for shelter.

2 Likes