Red flag or not for purchasing ball python? Ball python selling ads

So ,I’m looking to get a couple of animals on morphmarquet but the seller don’t show the exact animals on his ads ,he send me a picture and told me that was left .it the same morph with apparently the same hets but i don’t know if i should proceed ,is that normal !? im the only one that is a bit put off when that happen ?he has a very good reputation but it makes me less in confidence that I’m not 100%getting the “same” animals .Im worrying too much? or that normal practice and if it is ,should it be change that each animals has their own ads .

3 Likes

With a recent change to the way listings are made, ball pythons as a category are not allowed to use representative photos. They should be using the photo of the EXACT animal for sale. I’d likely report the listing, and let morphmarket handle it. As this is not allowed anymore.

9 Likes

I would absolutely be concerned that that is not the same animal.
As stated the ball python category should not be using rep photos. That ad should be finalized when the animal is sold, not left open like that.
Also anyone using representative photos should have the ad listed as such and not telling you after you show interest in purchasing.

The only times I expect a representative animal image to be used is in the case of things like group Buying isopods, spider slings/young insects or maybe certain schooling fish like neon tetras or white cloud minnows.

Representative photos for any other animals typically make me worry about attempting bait and switch tactics. Especially with an animal like ball pythons that can have such a high variance in pattern. I clicked the ad because that particular animal interests me. Not something similar.

8 Likes

oh god! I’m nervous he a really big breeder that is really love and i want that animal too but was also out off by the ad …I’m a bit scare. What if i cant that animal after this what if insert many scenario :skull: i will do it but oh god…

1 Like

Im going to explode i did it …:skull::disappointed_relieved: oh i hope that 100% anonym.

1 Like

Don’t be afraid to call out someone for not following the policy correctly. Even some of the biggest breeders on morphmarket have their issues so it’s best to point it out to those who can get it corrected than leave it be and people who buy from them be unaware of what they are paying to get.

1 Like

Oh i did ,i dont think it was done with malicious intent im sure the person did not know the new change ,but now the animal i wanted it just remove and no new ad has been post with the exact animal… ;/