Redesigned Index Page

Okay we have added the new compact view with all items on one page.

We have some smaller changes coming as well. In “default” sort mode it shows subcategories then localities then the other traits. I think we’re going to put localities with the other traits, so “default” will only differ from alphabetical sort in that subcategories come first (not an issue with ball pythons).

Try it out and let us know what you think.

3 Likes

I really want a way to easily select a “Trait Type”. I hate the current way it is, everything is selected by default. If I want to only select dominant, I have to unselect one, wait for the page to load, unselect another, wait for it to load, etc. Maybe instead of having everything selected by default, everything is unselected but it acts as if no filters are added, so it still shows everything until you select a filter.

One thing I’d love to see brought back is clicking on the numbers for “pos het”, “het”, and “visual” and those bring me to the respected pages, not just the visual.

1 Like

I really want a way to easily select a “Trait Type”. I hate the current way it is, everything is selected by default. If I want to only select dominant, I have to unselect one, wait for the page to load, unselect another, wait for it to load, etc.

To be clear, this wasn’t possible AT ALL before, so this isn’t a regression on the past design, just a way to make the new one better.

Also, I’m surprised there’s any delay “wait for the page to load” - that should be almost instant. We’ll keep our eye on that.

But I hear what you are saying and had a similar feeling. I was thinking of adding a button “clear all” because I agree it’s tedious to uncheck each option when only wanting one kind.

One thing I’d love to see brought back is clicking on the numbers for “pos het”, “het”, and “visual” and those bring me to the respected pages, not just the visual.

This still works just like it did before… If you are not seeing this work, what device & browser version are you using? Maybe it’s broken for some particular browser.

3 Likes

At first clicking on the numbers didn’t have a link at all, now they do but it’s just visual for recessives or het for inc/doms. I’m on windows 10, chrome v103.0.5060.114

@phantom_hatchery

I’m on windows 11 but also using chrome 103.0.5060.114 and I’m not having the same results.

Can you try clearing your cache and trying again?

Just want to say that I really appreciate how you guys actually listen to and value user feedback. It’s a refreshing change from other online communities I’ve been in, where the attitude about site changes is usually “Learn to love the changes we’ve made…or leave.”

I just took a peek at the new version, and so far it seems better. I’ll return to post any further thoughts I have after I’ve poked around with it a bit more.

2 Likes

I don’t think a clear all would be necessary. Leaving them all unchecked and having it act as if they are all checked would be simpler. I’m not nitpicking or saying that it has to be that way. The exact same feature is already in use for the morphpedia, so wouldn’t that be easy to implement since the code or a very similar code is already written?

1 Like

I’ll have to give it more thought. I designed it that way with Morphpedia, but I think it’s possibly confusing and a mistake. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I personally like it, but I suppose it could be confusing at times.

1 Like

Have y’all considered adding a dark mode to the main site like we have in the community site? Or does that already exist and I just can’t find it?

2 Likes

Now it works for some reason, and I did nothing. I do notice that just hovering on the links shows that they will lead to the general pages I mentioned before, but clicking them works properly

2 Likes

I had a chance to look at the updated design a bit deeper and I love it. It looks a lot more modern and it’s easy to find the traits (besides me being terrible at figuring out where things are in the alphabet, lol) and select only het/homozygous. The search function and sorting function works great, and the ability to sort by the original and updated new design is nice. I love the ability to see pictures of combos because I was just working on finding some possible bp breeding projects in the future and wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. The only thing I would change is having none of the filters selected on the left instead of all of them. This is a bit more complicated, but something that showed/sorted by the average price of the single genes (or simple combos) would be nice, but that is much more complicated.

3 Likes

Ok so I restarted my computer (no windows updates), reopened MorphMarket (no chrome updates, still same version), and it doesn’t work again. I even tried clearing my cache and it still doesn’t work. I’m pretty sure this is now an issue on MM’s side. At first I thought it was an issue with only some categories working and others not, but it doesn’t work for any.

I definitely prefer the old index. I use an iPad to browse. I like how when I came to the page all of the morphs were visible without scrolling and I could just do a quick tap to see what I was looking for.

What would be cool, was if there was a way to select favorite morphs that always show up at the top. Then I wouldn’t need to scroll every time I visit. Normally there are specific things I’m keeping an eye out for and will revisit certain morph categories regularly.

3 Likes

Well I’m not yet a breeder, and mainly look for fun, andnpossible new pets. But Inthink the redesigned 2.0 is pretty dang cool.

2 Likes

I like the old format better cleaner and easier to follow

1 Like

Definitely sad to see the old format option is going to be removed, but i get it takes up space server side to keep it there. The new version is definitely far better than when first introduced, but i still favor the simplicity of the old version :).

But its not gonna kill me to use the new one haha.

3 Likes