Reef Tank Pictures and Talk

Thats unfortunate, it is the best lighting IMO and boy did I get hate for it on reef forums, lol. The cost and look of led fixtures just never had my attention. I saw a kessil/T5 fixture that was decent but you need a lot to compete with halide. There was something about just turning on a light switch and the actual fixture did the work. No apps, no color channels, just simple beautiful light that worked.

3 Likes

One of my (small) claims to fame is I was a partner in Inland Craft Products. Sold the biz years back. I designed this saw for the reef market:

Inland Craft DB-100 Reefkeeper Band Saw with Diamond Blade - AquaCave.com?

3 Likes

Now thats awesome. I know many people who used that saw and it was the industry standard when it came to saws. Well done

1 Like

Ok lets revive this topic and someone add some more eye candy for us all to drool over!

3 Likes

Heres our sohal tang as a baby then as an adult

6 Likes

What a beautiful fish! How long is he now?

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m sure at about 1.5 foot. He’s in a show tank now

3 Likes

Couple acros

8 Likes

That is really beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you David. I miss it

3 Likes

That tank was gorgeous dsed. Great work

4 Likes

Thanks brother, I appreciate it. I know its weird but when I look at those pictures sometimes I get a wif of that salt tank smell. I loved it.

5 Likes

I can believe that! Oh but the skimmer cup, I’d like to forget about that sometimes

4 Likes

I definitely agree, lol. Thats was a love hate relationship. Happy too see how much gunk was in there but not happy to clean it. The skimmer should be a right of passage🤣

3 Likes

It’s some potent stuff for sure! Been sick a few times during all this craziness. Home check, pull the cup… :nauseated_face:Nope, must not be covid!

2 Likes

A couple current stand outs in my tank

7 Likes

Look at that echinata! Is that fire and ice echinata and a beach bum montipora? Your colonies were way nicer than mine Matt. That grafted capricornis is really nice. Those deep red in that acro colony then purple tips, well friggen done man.

3 Likes

I’m not gonna lie, that enchinata is currently one of my prized pieces in the tank! It does look like the fire and ice I’ve tried in the past. This is actually a wild colony I bought a few months ago. It came in from Australia. It had really good color, so I rolled the dice on it. So far it’s looking really good, the deeper blue is new growth but it’s looking pretty cool with the dual shades in there. I want to pass some pieces out to some reef buddies but I’m holding off until I know it’s stable. I just don’t see them much anymore.

Yes, thats a JF beach bum I’ve been growing for a few years. I do my best not to cut stuff unless I need to. This thing is just hitting it’s stride recently. I bumped up to 400w metal halides and the reaction across the tank was a big improvement. I went up by about 35% so I cut back about the same on duration, so I’m not spinning my power meter too much faster lol.
The red piece came in as a millepora from aussie as well, maricultured. That thing is growing extremely fast so far, I think it might actually be a clathrata variation but not sure. Similar to a PC Superman growth more than a millepora I feel.

Thanks for the kind words brother! If I can keep it all happy for another year it should be looking like the acro tank I’ve always wanted. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I agree, its clathrata for sure. The new growth really shows that. I can’t wait too see that tank 8n another year. You have skills my friend

5 Likes

Means a lot from another skilled keeper. Thank you.

I’ll update once it grows enough to see a difference in a photo.

5 Likes