Reptile basic racks

What’s the difference between the new and old material on the reptile basics racks?

1 Like

What do you mean? I don’t see anything about old or new material on their site. I have 3 of their racks and nothing was mentioned about that during purchase

You could contact them and ask them directly

1 Like

Only difference I can see is the finish on the racks. Same size racks and ways they stack just the older style had a glossy finish and the newer ones do not. They offered both options for a short time and now they just have the non gloss version. Basically the same finsh as all the other PVC racks and enclosures. I have an older VE-2 rack and one of the newer Super-70. I pulled the VE-2 out of storage and stacked it on top of the Super-70 for a comparison pic for you. My lighting is not great for photos in that room but you can see the difference.

3 Likes

Figured I would also add a few pics of the new racks vs a cserpent rack I have next to it. Shows how similar the new finish is to another rack.

4 Likes

Do you mount your probe in the spot provided or mount it above the tape in your own spot?

The older ones are a slick looking material I was just curious if there was a quality difference before buying… Where do you have your probe mounted? In the middle shelf on mine where the probe meets the tape it happens to not be on the black part of the tape and I’m trying to dial in the tubs temp

My probe is placed in the middle shelf. I use the provided probe slot for all my VE racks.