Reptile Book Club

Can Anyone recommend any good reptile books they have read, publishers or authors? Either species specific or general topics?
I’ve been thinking about throwing down a hundred for, 2014 “The Ultimate Ball Python: Morph Maker Guide” by Kevin McCurley. Anyone pick this up already? I read BP In Captivity by Kevin. A good broad induction to a lot of topics and information, I would recommend for beginners and younger keepers.
I just put down ," Designer Morphs Western Hognose Snakes" by John R Berry. Not huge on written content but filled with a lot of information and quality photos.

4 Likes

Dr. Philip Purser. He has at least 9 books in the field of herp husbandry. He’s a former state ranger and herpetologist for the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
His books are amazing!

2 Likes

Design Morphs Volume one Ball Python & Boa Constrictors is really good but a little outdated.

2 Likes

I am also looking for books on King snakes especially California Kings. Are there any out there with accurate information besides the Audubon and Peterson’s field guides? counting scales takes me a bit!

I don’t know if you are interested in veterinary medicine, but if you have a keen interest, Mader’s ‘Reptile Medicine and Surgery’ is the bible of reptile medicine. I love mine!

2 Likes

3 Likes