Reptile cold shoulder

I get the same reaction from generally most people in my area over my snakes unless they are a keeper as well. I think it’s mostly uninformed people and I’m always glad to talk about my snakes if someone is interested in listening that may not know just how cool they are haha

5 Likes

What a beauty! When I had geckos and invertebrates it was the emperor scorpions and tarantulas that freaked folks out. Now that my home is basically a snake shack most folks who know me are either very supportive or curious. I did have a friend who stopped following me because snakes creep her out. I also have an ex who thinks how i live is somehow a statement about her/us from 15,16 years ago. I just let them all take their journey and i take mine. For me, reptiles make the best pets

4 Likes

I wish I could bring my little hognose “Picante” to work so he could pop out of one of my pockets, hiss at, headbutt, and pancake at people I didn’t feel like dealing with. :joy:. I need him. He’s my emotional support snake. FSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Then he flails about intimidatingly. I know he’d make me feel better.

6 Likes

I definitely feel this a keeper of large snakes

4 Likes

Thanks everyone, you’re the best. Pele was left with the vet, my car died in their parking lot and they agreed to keep her until monday. LOL after being towed to the dealer, i had a dead battery, the down side if modern electronics. Anyway, ill get her back on monday.

5 Likes

Glad to hear Pele is coming home soon and doing better!

2 Likes

Pele is as good as new. She threw off the beginnings of RI with extraheat and quiet. (i thought she might, but better safe then sorry with very young lizards)

7 Likes

6 Likes

So cute! Has she gotten much bigger? I honestly have no idea how quickly white throated monitors grow, I just know they end up rather large.

3 Likes

She is a tinny bit bigger, eating well, but growing a lot slower then my black throat monitor did.

He sprouted like a weed, but he was about 3 xs her size. (I’m saying her, i dont know actual sex) and farmed. It may be getting rid of his parasite load caused him to sprout.

Little Pele is captive born and bred. She hasn’t hissed or whiped me with her tail once.
Here is my black throat, Thunder Lizard.

8 Likes

Since she’s likely younger, maybe she just hasn’t hit that crazy growth spurt yet. That’s awesome that she’s so tame!

And Thunder Lizard is awesome!

4 Likes

Honestly, I love black throat monitors! They are so personable and have that awesome head!

3 Likes

Man, when you stare down an adult btm its like looking into the eyes of a dinosaur. Incredible animals.

4 Likes