Reptile police came to my house :(

USARK FL and Florida Business Owners Sue Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Over Due Process Violations Today (May 28, 2021)

Nothing I stated is false. They (FWC) literally created the list themselves (no politician) of prohibited and now banned species. And then prematurely began enforcing these laws on their own without proper approval.

Yes it is.

No.

The COMMISSION created the list. A bunch of suit-wearing political bureaucrats made the list (at the behest of the aforementioned AR groups).

F&W officials are no more responsible for this legislation than police officials are responsible when a city commission passes legislation. To promote the narrative otherwise is a lie. And a dangerous one at that

7 Likes

Im trying to not get personal but your using the word “Lie” while stating things that aren’t true. However I wont use the word lie because I believe that you are just misinformed on how law enforcement and law enforcement unions are involved in law proposals (I’ve actually worked public service and your law enforcement including “police officials” you used as an example absolutely propose legislation themselves as well as act as consultants more times than not…im shocked you were under a different impression but still wont say you are spreading a lie).

Buy a USARK shirt at every show you go to! I buy 1 of each they have available also If you keep some of these species, in areas that dont have overboard laws and regulations, make a youtube video of your set up or facebook post showing how you are providing escape proof appropriate enclosures without any government involvement. Getting the public on our side and maybe even “converting” some people to reptile lovers who weren’t I think can get us much farther than greasing palms. For example when was the last time you heard cat owners actual afraid of their rights disappearing even though there is a feral cat problem in the end there is power in numbers and public perception that even money cant beat

I think USARK should be getting about 10% of the annual revenue from the US reptile industry. I’m positive that they’re not, that should change.

4 Likes

I wish USARK was more active in Alabama. I have a reoccurring $20. Monthly donation and I would love to join a local group or try to start one but I’m not sure how to go about it.

There are a lot of inaccuracies stated above from many folks.

Under the Florida Constitution, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) possesses the supreme authority to regulate native and non-native wildlife (which means all non-domesticated animals). Their regulations do not need to pass as legislation (commonly called bills) and they do not need any approval from the legislature to write their regulations. The tegu, green iguana, big snake ban was different only because it did go through the legislature but then USARK FL sued and had that law repealed. Following that, FWC just continued down the typical path and completed its regulatory process to pass the same ban. This link provides additional details on how this works and covers the 2020 lawsuit victory (and another lawsuit is happening now in Florida): Big win in Florida! Lawsuit update! | USARK - United States Association of Reptile Keepers. MorphMarket advises that those who are not well-versed on any state’s regulatory and legislative processes should be certain to visit either USARK’s or USARK FL’s websites to be sure the information you are providing is accurate. These processes can be quite convoluted and difficult to understand fully.

15 Likes