Reptile Room Updates

Can’t wait to see it when it is done!

3 Likes

Ugh, one of my cats did that to a friend’s leopard gecko’s enclosure while said friend was staying with me. I felt so horrible. Fortunately the gecko was unharmed, and the damage to the lid was nothing a little duct tape couldn’t fix, but I still felt really bad.

I had to put my sand boa’s old screen-top tank in the attic once I moved her into her new PVC enclosure because one of my cats (same one who broke the leo’s lid, go figure) kept feeling the need to stand on it when I just had it in my closet. :person_facepalming: Granted, I kind of hate that tank, but I’d still prefer for it to remain functional in case I need it in the future.

3 Likes

Awesome. And you’re right, can’t even walk in my office when I’m working on something new

2 Likes

Yep, cats and reptiles rarely go together, unfortunately.

1 Like

Mind if I jump in here too? My husband and I purchased our first house and we are moving in this weekend. It has a bonus room which I promptly claimed as my office/reptile room. Got it all painted last weekend, I can’t wait to get everyone moved in and set up. Upgrading from a 10x13 to 10x19 room.

9 Likes

That is gonna be a beautiful reptile room!

3 Likes

Oh man, all that natiral light!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: thats gonna look awesome.

1 Like

My room is super messy most of my enclosures are on the floor or on the bottom of coffee tables to keep the cat off the enclosures. I like to keep my enclosures low because im paranoid about the glass breaking and my scorpions getting out. My snake getting out is harmless but a loose scorpion could be extremely dangerous. I may look into converting to acrylic/pvc because of the glass on my enclosures. I definitely don’t want to get stung by animals they all would be medical emergencies.

I have a ton of mess im trying to organize and clean because i also have my annual housing inspection. Its not supposed to be messy. Eventually i want to convert all my enclosures and be able to store them under my tables so the cat cannot get on top or bug them since ill cover the tables with cloth so they have darkness and privacy.

Some improvement so far, its difficult to do it all on my own, since i have no help as my caregiver quit on me for the second time.

I at least have protection from above and privacy curtains for my animals privacy and stress relief, to keep my nosey cat away which im sure adds stress to their lives, plus i can hide my animals from squeamish and nosey guests.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I used to have that same cat tree (the lighter grey one) :joy:

1 Like

I love my cat double, i got her 2 cat trees :joy: i totally want to get her a cat tree that looks like a tree.

1 Like

My old roommate took that cat tree with her when she moved. We couldn’t remember which of us had bought it, and her cat used it more (plus I had two already that I’d already had when she moved in).

I’m pretty sure they do make some that look more like real trees! I seem to remember seeing one at someone’s house a while back.

1 Like

Since many people are sharing their own reptile rooms I thought I’d share my completed reptile room. More enclosures will be added but no changes need to be made otherwise.

4 Likes

@garciademueller i love the posters! It actually gave me an idea to decorate my homeroom (FAMU Rattlers. I absolutely took that theme and ran with it. Pretty sure admin put me in that homeroom because of the zoo. :joy:) so thank you for that!!

90% of our animals live in the bedroom. The beardies and boa live in the workshop off the living room.

This was about this time last year. From left to right, Kain, the girls, Evy, and the babs. Everyone is a crestie except Evy.

Another picture of the adult enclosures. I was messing with the plant light.

New baby enclosures and stand. Same place as before.

Different angle. This was my workspace when I was teaching from home.

Aurora and her cage. It’s got insulation sheets glued to the side because…glass. Lol

2 Likes

Finally got everything sorted perfectly. The only thing missing is a new 5ft cage that just arrived yesterday. It will be housing a male Merauke blue tongue skink when I find one.

7 Likes

That looks so nice! All organized.

1 Like