Reptile safe cleaning supplies?

So recently I’ve been lucky enough to be put in a waiting list for a baby albino hognose snake. As I’ve been gathering supplies to get ready for my first reptile, I was wondering what cleaning supplies I would need to clean the enclosure? I know certain products won’t be reptile safe, and I can’t find anything of use at the local petsmart, and there’s no other pet stores or specialty stores around where I live. Does anyone have any recommendations for what to use to clean up the enclosure when needed? Are there any products that are most certainly not safe for cleaning with?

2 Likes

The f10 brand of disinfectants are quite good and are used by vets, so are animal/reptile safe.

2 Likes

I use bleach free disinfectant wipes to spot wipe when I take out soiled substrate, and chlorhexidine In a spray bottle when I clean tubs I’ve been very happy with it since I started using it this summer.

2 Likes

Snake Discovery on Youtube is an excellent resource! The video link covers your question perfectly

2 Likes

I use Chlorhexidine to clean everything except the water dish. A cap full to a spray bottle of water. For the water bowls I use dish soap. You can get Chlorhexidine at Tractor Supply or Amazon.

3 Likes