Reptile Theft

dude that sucks i am so sorry that happened to you.

1 Like

Hey Nate. I’m relatively new on here and usually read the topic discussion but never comment.
First off I want to say I’m sorry for your misfortune. No one can sum up in words how you must feel. I know if I lost my pets and projects I’d have a hard time keeping faith in the hobby.
But there is always hope man, never give up on what you love so much. I get the feeling you’re an amazing keeper from what I’ve read you post on here over the last year, and you be on the up and up one day it just takes time.
I would look to your neighbors and go door to door asking questions. I have friends who are in the police force and this thing if not a random act is usually someone who’s been watching what you bring into your home and knows when you’re gone. It could very well be your next door neighbor.
Next, this is expensive but you could always try and recover fingerprints. Or if you have any loose dirt or mud around look for shoe prints and tire tracks. Also maybe there is a gas station or other store near you that has a camera. Ask the police to go over that video to see if you can connect any cars or people that would need space to take your snakes.
I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck.
By far chance they land in MN, where I live, I’ll keep an eye out for your collection.
Keep positive man, we’re all here for you!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the advice and support because it really does mean a lot. As far as prints there are none so i suspect they more than likely had gloves because my car doors were forced open yet there were no prints so im basically dead in the water as far as leads go and as for cameras i just live on a street of houses with no nearby stores and the nearest one is a few blocks away. Either way i do know for a fact that whoever did it had a car or truck because it would have been impossible to run off with that many animals

2 Likes

Hey I live in Orange County and check Craigslist pretty often…most likely if the perpetrator decides to sell it off he’ll use this platform since sites like morphmarket is too known to the reptile community…and he probably won’t try to sell it all in bulk…would you be able to recognize your snakes if I forward pics that I find anything that matches your description?

2 Likes

This just angers me beyond belief. I hope you find them, I am not in your area but I will keep a close eye out online as well for your ball pythons. :rage:

1 Like

I have worked with my animals so extensively and know them so well i could easily point them out.

3 Likes

Agreed. As sad as it is, I feel like it would have to be someone who either, is into snakes, knows you have them and knows you live there - or, it’s any shady person you know who you ever mentioned at some point or another that “ball pythons are worth anything” pretty much … Keep up the search, good luck

2 Likes

Man sorry about this. Such a major bummer. Im in socal and will keep my eyes open for you man.

1 Like

i will be scanning craigslist for ya. what area are u in?

found this guy on craigslist. know this snake?

2 Likes

I can ask my friends in the police department if they have any connections down in California. Hopefully I can get some side investigation for you as my buddies are snake enthusiasts like us. I’ll let you know if they hear anything as soon as I hear anything.

4 Likes

I haven’t been around long to know much about you aside from this post, but as someone who’s had the experience of having snakes stolen, I feel your pain. It wasn’t a project that I spent years and lots of money on, but it was my first ball python and my dumerils boa, and the sentimental value alone left me devastated. You have my deepest condolences and I’ll be following this in hopes to hear that you manage to recover your snakes.

I must say, seeing everyone come together on this thread with their sympathies, support, and very helpful information on how to maximize the odds of recovering your animals is incredibly uplifting despite the unfortunate situation. It seems like there’s a really good lot of people here.

3 Likes

It needs to be noted that this person didn’t wait for just you to be out of the house, but also your dog.
That is by far the last type of dog I’d like to greet me while breaking into a house.

I would try and find your neighbors on Facebook and see if they are friends with anybody with snakes.
See if any of them have liked any reptile groups.

6 Likes

nah not mine but still a beauty

1 Like

yeah I’ll look into that as far as Facebook goes and my dog would have definitely tried protecting the house cause hes had training to do so but only if he absolutely had to and he is also fairly big and weighs nearly 85 pounds but other than situations like those he is a complete gentle baby.

5 Likes

ok, I will keep looking. do you have anything other than clowns? also what area u in? thats where i will look.
Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 1.28.33 PM|167x323

1 Like

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 1.28.33 PM

Wow my sympathys to you man! I am in Michigan but if you need anything don’t hesitate to email us hhpythons@gmail.com

4 Likes

I know you have a million things on your mind at the moment but one thing I would consider doing is making a list of everyone you’ve sold locally to and go back through chats with them and see if you sent anything indicating address somehow. May be a good start.

6 Likes

Nathan, I don’t know you, and matter of fact, this is my first post here. This is terrible, and I’m very sorry to hear this news. I’m new to BP’s, but I have a large sentimental collection of guitars. I would be absolutely gutted and furious if this happened to me, and lifelong collection of guitars was taken.

As noted above (not that you need more advice), but my personal opinion would be looking at local transactions. People can follow you, look up addresses by license plate, cross reference phone numbers, etc… If you’ve dealt in person, they can locate you. Or if you’ve made large in person purchases. God forbid, but it could be a breeder coming back to collect their former goods…

Sounds like a general crime problem at your apartments, so maybe it wasn’t snake targeted, but man that’s a lot of planning and commitment to steal that many snakes.

Anyhow, my very best to you. I hope your animals can somehow be returned. As for the perp, well, he deserves a rusty razor in delicate places, just to start.

6 Likes