Reptile Virgin!

Bought Kobicha as a baby from a reputable breeder. She was identified as a Dalmatian crestie. As she got bigger, she developed different patterning. Shes about 2 years old but not a lot of spots, just kind of curious if shes a Dal or crossed with another morph. Im new to reptile pets so i have no clue lol.
No big deal, i love her to bits anyway but im curious what other crestie owners think? She is the very first reptile ive owned and is a spoiled brat lol.

3 Likes

Do you have any better photos of her? She definitely has patterning, but how much? And do you have any baby photos? :blush:

2 Likes

Ill try to upload, im new to the site and stumbling around lol

2 Likes

These are the best i can find right now lol

2 Likes

The last pics are the only baby pics i got

2 Likes

She’s a Harlequin pin dash dalmation, judging by the pic when young she’s always been that too x

3 Likes

With how little pattern she has i would consider her a flame dalmatian :blush: Flame and harlequin are the same genetically, harlequin is just a slightly stronger expression of the pattern traits

2 Likes

Flames have only dorsal markings, where as his girls got side and leg markings too, flames are a lot harder to come by too I’ve found because of this :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I’ve produced one flame myself in the years of breeding now. And she came from a tangerine super dal and an extreme tricolour. Work that out :joy:
Never got another like it out again but she was very cool!

Some Harley’s have lower expressioned markings though, and some are extreme and hardly a base left. All morphs/traits vary a lot and it’s great :blush:

4 Likes

Flames have little/subtle to no markings on their laterals/limbs per morphpedias description, so it really depends on what people consider “little” or “subtle” :blush:

2 Likes

I think she is a mixture of Harlequin, partial pinstripe, with just a few Dalmatian spots. She’s got Dal in her for sure, but I’m not familiar enough with the morph to say if you could fully call her a “dalmation”

1 Like