Reptile Working Songs

Here’s a fun question, what are y’all’s favorite songs or playlists to listen to when doing reptile work like cleaning cages? I listen to sea shanties cause they make me wanna mop a large wooden boat from the 1700s. Really puts me in the working mood.

11 Likes

So when my husband is gone I like to turn up the solid gold oldies and do my snake enclosure maintenance! Lol :sunglasses::joy:. Nuthin like the 4 Tops, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, etc. to help me get my cleaning groove on! It’s a lot better than some of this stuff being produced today! (Imho of course!). But hey I’m old! You guys will have to forgive me! lol! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::upside_down_face::wink:

5 Likes

I don’t know if you Americans have heard of Central Cee?.. he is a UK rapper aimed at the tiktok generation, but damn his music is catchy … this is my guilty pleasure at the moment… don’t judge me :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Hey! No judgement here! That’s what is so great about this place!!! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Another great thread starter by the way! :+1::blush::sunglasses::heart:

6 Likes

All metal, all the time! :metal: Lol. My latest favorite is the new song by falling in reverse.

7 Likes

See shanties​:rofl::rofl: I am with @dsed metal or rock occasionally. Sometimes when I get the big girl retic out for fun or cleaning the little one used to put on deathclock; better metal snake, to have a “snake party” he was 8-9 years old when he would put that on! Good thread @garciademueller

6 Likes

Depends on what I’m in the mood for, but usually Lofi/nightcore/electronic mixes or I have a couple of random playlists (mostly rock??) that are geared toward certain themes. My favorite right now is one on Youtube titled ‘I’m actually gender evil’.

7 Likes

A keeper after my own heart! I am prone to burst out in ballads, shanties and foscle songs while doing any chores but especially the Dishes- mine or the pets’ dishes.

There’ll be nothing but splashing water noises and then suddenly, “OH THE YEAR WAS SEVENTEEN SEVENTY EIGHT!”

6 Likes

How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now

5 Likes

The lofi girl live stream is playing constantly over here :joy:

6 Likes

I’ve been really into the chiller study mixes lately, or anything with rain sounds, but I found a cool electric mix the other day but didn’t bookmark it like a fool. Oh well. It’ll pop up again eventually.

6 Likes

Weird Al yankovic. He makes the most beautiful songs :sob:

6 Likes

Oh I also like to throw on NF when I am studying or cleaning. Seriously love this artist…I have been listening to him basically since he started making music.

6 Likes

I love falling in reverse. They’re currently touring with ice nine kills which is tied with sleep token for my current favorite band lol. I’m so sad that i can’t go see them live but they aren’t coming near me :sob: My favorite falling in reverse song right now is “losing my life” but i love most of their songs.

5 Likes

Thats a really good. Popular monster and watch the world burn for me👍

5 Likes

I first discovered falling in reverse in 2019 when popular monster came out so haven’t been listening to them for too long but i used to listen to popular monster on repeat every day lol.

4 Likes

So here is a fun quiz that I don’t mean to digress the thread with but: What band played “Dead Man’s Party” in the movie “Weird Science”. ?

This band plays great cleaning music.

No fair Googling

I know this is really old stuff but hey!! I’m old! :rofl::crazy_face:

6 Likes

Oingo boingo love that song! They have some great music! Did you know Danny elfman from them has done tons of music soundtracks for movies, including nightmare before Christmas and Edward scissor hands!

4 Likes

Loved that movie!

4 Likes