Genetics Type (Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc): Incomplete Dominant
In complex with other genes?:
Other names/aliases for it?:
Description:

Appearance; What it does/looks like?

• Head: Normal
  • Body: Tends to scramble pattern and has a brightening effect
  • Belly: depends on combo
  • Tail: Tends to be very reduced, cleaner and brighter than rest of body. Again it depends on the morph combo.

Proven Lines: Markus Jayne line
Related Genes: None that I know of.

Proven: To what degree it is proven out to not just be polygenic? Not so far but genetic mapping is taking place as we speak.
Unique: Why do you believe this is a new morph and not an existing one? I have looked at every morph on MorphMarket and the genetic sites and I have found nothing comparable. I have posted many examples and no one has come forward to dispute my claim. I believe other have this gene in their collection as a result of previous sales over the years.

Problems: Any problems? None.
History: The history behind its discovery? I purchased an exceptionally bright Super Orange Dream Fire male back in 2012 from Ozzy Boids. I believe it was the first SOD Oz let go. It was a time when the Orange Dream gene was still in its infancy. When I started to produce offspring I noticed a pattern of traits that included reduced pattern and very bright orange tones. I assumed it was just the Super Orange Dream doing his thing in contributing to colors and pattern. As mentioned this was new territory and different combos were presenting themselves in new unique ways. The one thing that did start to grab my attention was the overall reduction of pattern and the intensity and cleanliness of the colours and how they got brighter with age. Generally this was not the norm in ball pythons at the time.

As I started to cross offspring with other genes I saw some common traits emerge. When crossed with Piebald it consistently created low white animals with its typical pattern removed and replaced with a busy scrambled pattern. Hence the name. I would produce animals that were so bright when crossed with orange dream and hypo that I would miss ID them as Super Orange Dreams based on the intensity of the orange tones. Luckily I held back these animals. Also non piebald animals would be very reduced in pattern with very little spotting. It was then that I started to think there was another gene at play. I sold some animals to friends informing them that I suspected an extra gene in the works and to keep me informed if they produced anything unusual. My suspicion paid off when I started producing incredibly bright animals in step with some of my breeder friends that purchased these unique animals from me. I took many picture to compare and when I showed them to me wife Jayne, she said they looked scrambled. The Scrambler name was born. Fast forward to the last 4 years and so much progress has been made as you will see by pics provided in this post.
Disagreement or Controversy: None.
References here on the community:

• At least one link to community discussion (ie forums) to demonstrate community acceptance https://www.facebook.com/search/posts/?q=scrambler%20ball
  • Link to WOBP if one exists.
  • Links to the wider web.
    Please attach at least 3 photos you have rights to which you are granting to be used on MorphMarket, Including 1 image next to a Normal/WT animal

Thanks in advance for looking. I believe that the Scrambler gene will contribute to making the Ball Python more incredible than it already is.

Mark Mandic
Markus Jayne Ball Pythons
Since 1999

10 Likes

This is a BEAUTFUL animal!!

8 Likes

I was going to say that in some of the combos above it makes me think of calico/sugar, but then seeing it in combination with calico…. Wow. I’m in love. I’ll take one of all of them please.

5 Likes

these are the best looking ball pythons I have seen to date. Full stop. The body of the single gene looks almost enchi but everything else is just completely different. wow.

6 Likes

I know one of these is going to be way out of my price range, but I want one:)

6 Likes

Hey @markusjayne

You list Scrambler as inc-dom, but unless I missed it in all the pics I did not see a proven superform. Are you just assuming inc-dom? Or did I miss something?

Thanks

5 Likes

@t_h_wyman I forgot the last pic and have since added it.

9 Likes

That is an absolutely beautiful animal.

4 Likes

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. :100:

2 Likes

my funding for buying any other snake is out the window after seeing this. I’m going to lurk and hoard until I can buy one for myself lol! (casually restraining myself from asking when this gene might be available)

4 Likes

Dude I totally don’t blame you, I’m not a ball python person at all but I would get one of these!!

4 Likes

Thank you @markusjayne, I figured it would be something like that but I wanted to make sure. Much appreciated

3 Likes

How and when will I know if it is approved?

3 Likes

@eaglereptiles

4 Likes

We have added it to the list for the next update
:blush:

3 Likes

Thank you. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

Would it be possible to let me know when the updates takes place?

2 Likes

I have them all loaded up and ready for testing within the next day or so :wink: I will go through your listings and be sure the tags are applied as soon as we push that update out the door, so feel free to get listing them right away.

This is the largest trait update we have done, with over 300 new traits across a lot of categories, and will allow us to open calculators for newer species in the near future too!

2 Likes

https://community.morphmarket.com/t/morphpedia-ball-pythons-scrambler/43593

Marketplace trait tag on its way.

1 Like

I really like what I see, but I can’t tell if it’s something new or a line of an existing one.

RGI now has a comprehensive registry, you mentioned something about DNA, have you received any information from it?

It would be interesting to see the Super version without hypo and other genes in the mix. Are there any plans for a pure super, completely free of other morphs?

Really sleek and intriguing, hoping it’s something new, and it certainly seems that way from all indications.

How old are the oldest offspring? It would be interesting to see how they develop as they get older.

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this!

2 Likes