Rescue boa feeding issues

Okay I will show before pictures so everyone understands I went at 11pm to pick up this rescue boa he had scale rot upper respiratory infection and scale rot I picked him up on 11/30/2020 and had him at the vet the next day his uri is gone scale rot gone mouth rot gone but he is still refusing food it’s still offered on schedule he just shows no interest in eating at all what could I try I feel like me and the vet has tried everything possible besides assist feeding him which we didn’t want to stress him out by doing

(upload://apuLvxaOMmyvB04ChDTtcSUTyfh.jpeg)

1 Like

For some odd reason all the pictures didnt show up

Wow, that’s a rough looking boy. Glad he’s on the mend now. Have you tried a variety of feeders? Sometimes offering something like a quail, something different can trigger interest.

1 Like

Yes we have tried that. It’s been a crazy road me and him have been on lol I just hate to assist feed and add extra stress on them. I also have tried feeding him in his enclosure… Moving him to a feeding tub offering different sizes in everything I have offered frozen thawed and also live as well.

1 Like

Hmm. From the photos he doesn’t look anorexic at all, how long has it been since he last ate? As long as he’s drinking water and not losing excessive weight I wouldn’t be supper worried. He might just be stressed from being sick, new environment and all the medical treatment. Hope he decides he’s hungry again soon!

1 Like

well I got him on 11/30/20 they said he had been like that and not eating for two months he don’t drink really at all on his own so I do soak him more often for that reason and that seems to be when he does drink. I’m about to move him into a rack setup and hopefully he won’t be as stress as he is in the big one he is in now last attempt I guess before we just wait it out and see who breaks first lol he will either eat on his own or I will break and assist him I guess

1 Like

Can we get some better pictures of him? The soaking likely stresses him more honestly. It is generally a rule never to assist feed an animal (especially an adult) that already knows how to eat and is of an ok weight. How often do you handle him? Or how often do you offer food?

1 Like

Yeah I know that’s why I never do it I said only if it’s the very last resort