Rescue rehomes

Sooo I sent the wife to the reptile rescue today. I had arranged to get a couple of iguana species…Sadly there were some deaths…
We still have space for quarantine and then for more permanent homes.
I just cannot believe the size of some of these animals?? :frowning: very upsetting indeed.
Anyway here’s the guys.
Dehydration is present in most. However they have all had electrolytes. The torts, crestie and iguanas have had decent food and UV.
The royal is a pastel fire. So will let him settle a few days then offer a meal

16 Likes

17 Likes

We need more people like you in this world that’s for sure!
Crestie is a little beaut, royals eyes are just ‘wow’! And look at that smiley Leo happy you saved him/her! 🥲
And ofcourse the iggys and torts are amazing! Cannot go wrong with those dinos :heart:

6 Likes

we try and do what we can, we really do.
Luckily they are all still young so no lasting damage

9 Likes

Oh thank goodness!
They’re going to thrive with you :blush:
The first iguana has a stunning colour!

5 Likes

I think it’s great that you rescue so many reptiles. Have you considered working with the rescue organization and using your photos for advertisements for the rescue?

3 Likes

We all love you @welshmorphology! You are truly doing the change I would like to see in the world.

5 Likes

I second this ^
I would heart it too but I have none left apparently :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Your are truly amazing, rescuing all these creatures!

The pictures are AMAZING! :heart_eyes::star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Indeed will colour up somewhat too before it will then fade out as it enters adulthood

2 Likes

Thanks guys but we are really just doing what we can. As far as rehomes go…I always feel partially responsible for this as a captive reptile owner myself so kinda think people should at least have one or 2 rehomes to help the issues if they can

5 Likes

I think a lot want more “worse” pics if you know what I mean. I will be taking monthly pics and then doing before and after pics for comparison though

5 Likes

Man, I wish there were more people who actually rescued reptiles. More people give to rescues than get from them, so opening a reptile rescue becomes more like opening a zoo that never stops expanding and only has sick animals.

3 Likes

sadly with covid there was an increase in numbers :confused:
Pleased to report all are doing well…These 2 iguanas look so much different after some decent food and hydration
So pleased with everyone

3 Likes

Your pictures really are awesome! Those iguanas look stunning.

3 Likes

Thankyou. A lot has happened in a week. They look like different animals. They were all thin, saggy and dehydrated. I will try and get some pics this week.

2 Likes

Poor things. I’d absolutely love an iguana. Maybe one day.
Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

The igs have nearly put on 20g each in a week :slight_smile: certainly not dehydrated now

5 Likes

That is wonderful!

1 Like

NO I just checked it’s nearer 30!!! OOOOOSH!!!

3 Likes