Rescued normal baby ball python, not sure if yellowbelly?

Hey guys! So I recently acquired a normal male baby from a not so great situation. He’s eating and healthy now, but I don’t know a lot about where he came from. I know he’s a normal, but I’m wondering if he’s yellowbelly as well? Any input would be useful. Here’s some pics of him with my lil cinnamon banana boy.

4 Likes

With the whole identification of yellow belly @t_h_wyman it’s very good and talented at identifying yellow belly.

1 Like

No Yellowbelly. I’m not the best at identifying YB, but I’m very confident that’s not a Yellowbelly.

2 Likes

Ok thank you! What made you come to that conclusion? Trying to learn as I go with these animals. I know the belly doesn’t really have the checkering but his headstamp and brightness kinda made me suspect.

3 Likes

From the pictures, I don’t see enough flaming to consider it a Yellowbelly. I could be wrong, and when @t_h_wyman is back on here on Monday, he can give you a definitive answer I’m sure.

4 Likes

To me it looks like a possible fire or something from that complex.

5 Likes

His eyes are a lighter color, normal BP’s are usually darker aren’t they?

I with @westridge on this one. No yellowbelly but the color and head stamp is giving me a vanilla vibe. I feel fairly confident it has a black eyed Lucy gene present!

2 Likes

Yeah, not seeing YB complex in that animal

^^^
This I would agree with.

That said, unless/until you breed it out, I would hesitate to make an absolute identification as such

1 Like

Not planning on breeding, maybe in a couple years when I’m more educated on them. But for now just have a couple as amazing pets. But thank you so much for your input!

2 Likes