Retic Morph Explanation

Can someone explain the morph Citrus in retics?
Is it a type of albino? where did it come from?

Thank you

3 Likes

Welcome @josiahlos to the forum! I have not had the pleasure to ever own a retic but they are magnificent animals to be respected!

I’m tagging @banereptiles & @tommccarthy to see is one of them can answer your question as I think they are both quite knowledgeable about them. But there are others here who can help you as well. Someone will jump in!

If you have a retic we all love pics! :pray::blush:

3 Likes

@lumpy you are a retic nerd right?

3 Likes

As I understand it, Citrus is a ‘lightner’ gene. It is not an Albino mutation but it is most often seen in combination with Albino it seems. I believe it originated @ NERD. I can’t say much more than that, don’t see much of it around anymore and is worked with by very few individuals.

6 Likes

@logar…I am lol :joy:. @reddot_reptiles is correct here. It is a lighter gene. I don’t know a lot about it but it’s definitely different from Citron which is het for titanium

5 Likes

Agree with everyone here, but there is 2 citrus morphs as I understand it. There is the citrus albino that originated at nerd. It’s a Clark strain albino with even more saturation of color, reminds me of a dark lavender Clark strain albino, has contrast almost like a purple but it’s orange tones are brighter. The one I have is a citrus, mochino, goldenchild originally from Sal daddy, this is the citrus morph that everyone here is talking about, the lightener. To me it’s almost polygenic as in the snake’s offspring either has it or doesn’t, to my knowledge there is no super form, at least visually. It does have a citron type look, in the way it just lightens, it doesn’t change up the pattern like platinum and especially sunfire that tend to get floating patterns by there tail.

6 Likes

thank you for the knowledge appreciate it

3 Likes

@caron how do you upload photos on mobile?

3 Likes

Ooh I think I can help- I’m on my phone in the app. Just wait a few seconds while it uploads before you post the comment. Here’s a screenshot, hope this helps!

6 Likes

Thanks Gina! I am terrible at explaining things! :joy: @josiahlos Hope this helps! :blush:

4 Likes