Reticulated Python Localities?

What about locality additions to species like Retics? There’s no Super Dwarf localities to choose from like Kalatoa or Madu, or dwarf like Jampea

@chexotics I moved your request to its own post in #morphmarket-support, but then to solicit more feedback on any missing localities before I make these additions I moved to the Giant Snakes area to see if others had comments first. We’ll let it soak a bit. Thanks!

Here’s the current list:

• Bangladesh
  • Basilan
  • Bohol
  • Borneo
  • Burma
  • Cambodia
  • Cebu
  • Flores
  • Indonesia
  • Java
  • Laos
  • Leyte
  • Lombok
  • Luzon
  • Malaysia
  • Maluku
  • Mentawai Islands
  • Mindanao
  • Mindoro
  • Natuna Islands
  • Negros
  • Nicobar Islands
  • Northeast India
  • Palawan
  • Panay
  • Polillo
  • Samar
  • Singapore
  • Sulawesi
  • Sumatra
  • Sumba
  • Sumbawa
  • Tanimbar Islands
  • Tawi-Tawi
  • Thailand
  • Timor
  • Vietnam
1 Like

Examples of the localities not on the list:

•kalatoa
•kayuadi
•madu
•karompa
•Jampea
°Seyaler

3 Likes

A locality is just a place. You can have as many different localities as there are places you could find a retic. That does not mean they are distinct.

2 Likes

With Super Dwarf it is different, these are specific islands and these animals are known for different scale counts, different pattern and color, as well as size. So the super dwarf and dwarf localities are considered distinct, even to the point of being a subspecies

5 Likes

Yes but like you said, those are more than just localities. They are very distinct from other populations. My point was that you could catch a retic in one town and drive 10 miles away and catch another and technically you would have two different localities, although that doesn’t mean they are distinct populations that are evolutionarily separated.

2 Likes

If I go to Kalatoa Island, which is sequestered from other localities, all the animals on said Island are Kalatoa locality. So no driving, catching, driving to a different area and calling it something else because they are all on the same, very very small island.

4 Likes

Again, a locality is a place. You can have as many localities as there are places. A locality could be a country, a state, a mountain range, a specific park, or a road. You can have different localities on the same island. Or even if there were two islands next to each other that still have a steady gene flow between them would be different localities yet not distinct. I think you’re missing my point. Of course, localities, especially island localities, can be genetically or phenotypically distinct- but they don’t have to be.

2 Likes

Bali is missing, and I appreciate having locality search options on the site!! This helped me find a Sulawesi retic.

3 Likes

most of what i have are localities that arent options… plus options like maluku doesnt make sense but thats what i used for my ternates and halmaheras… malukus are the island chain east of sulawesi… not an island… plus theres no point having options like nicobar islands… no ones has retics from there… theres a bunch of philippines islands listed and theres only me and one other person breeding phils in the US… halmahera, ternate karompa, kalatoa, madu, kayuadi, ceram selayar, buton, bali, tambolongan are the ones that need added… those are all in the US… over half the the options arent in the US

6 Likes

So here is my shorten down list of localities going off of Garretts Video:

3 Likes

it helps if you can at least get the name right if you put your self out as an expert, Tam not Tom

For one this post was well over 2 years ago and two when did he say he was an expert? If you would please just point it out nicely then it would be appreciated

4 Likes