Reticulated python tips

Any retic tips hoping to get one in a couple months after a lot help and research but any tips that might be helpful.

Are you planning to get a super dwarf, dwarf, or mainland? Use a bigger enclosure than you think you need. Retics are very smart and will use every inch of the enclosure. Also, give them vertical climbing opportunities, retics will often climb and it’s best to give them this opportunity. Give them different food types. You can feed them a staple of rats with the occasional mouse, chick, and guinea pig (even pigs for larger snakes). Taking them out of their enclosure is beneficial. They should get enrichment and be handled outside of their enclosure often.

1 Like

A baby mainland from a breeder that lives like 10 minutes from us that we’ve know for a while we’re planning as a adult like a 12x8(wish it could be taller but that’s are ceiling height)x24 basically are entire basement lol

1 Like

If you’re going to make it that long and tall, I’d say also make it deeper, maybe 3 or 4 feet.

3 Likes

I would but or basement is only 12 feet wide or so

Is the baby going to be a male or female?

1 Like

We haven’t picked out it yet but I think female

Since it’s a female it will likely need a 3 foot deep enclosure. If you got a male a 30 inch deep enclosure would work.

1 Like

1 Like