Rhamphiophis rostratus

One of the babies I produced back in 2018. They’ve grown quite a bit, and almost never hold still! This male has held onto his red belly speckling better than his siblings.

10 Likes

What a cute little face!

4 Likes

Super cool!!! Are these guys tough to breed? And welcome to the community!!! Do you work with any other species?

4 Likes

Thanks!! From what I’ve heard it doesn’t seem like it (I’m not the first person to breed this species), so I hope things will go well for this year’s pairing.

They’re actually the first snake species I’ve bred! I do have plans for other snakes, but most are not ready to go yet.

3 Likes

Yes, she certainly does. She is nearly as (if not more) eclectic as I am when it comes to odd-ball species

3 Likes

That’s awesome!!!

1 Like

You give me too much credit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@saleengrinch, I have and do want to breed at least two more species sometime in the future - Malpolon insignitus and Scaphiophis albopunctatus, assuming the latter if the acclimation process goes smoothly. I have two established females, but two males and a juvenile female are still being quarantined. The M. insignitus need a few more years before I feel comfortable pairing them up.

I had plans before for Malpolon monspessulanus, but now I’m not sure. It might be something I’ll have to think more about. My female’s an interesting medical case.

3 Likes