Sand Boa Has Lump On Tail

Hey guys,

This is Sandy my Sand Boa. When we got her from her Expo, we never realized she has this lump on her tail. Does anyone possibly know what it is? I started Chlorhexidine today just in case. I fear it could possibly be cancer.

2 Likes

Are there raised scales or any color/size changes? To me it looks like scarring, was this animal wild caught or captive bred? You’ve got a Saharan Sand Boa, and those are a species which, more often than not, are WC.

1 Like

She was Wild Caught. It’s just raised.

2 Likes

She also shed recently and it never went away so it could be scarring?

2 Likes

I’d say keep an eye on it for changes in size/shape, as well as any ulceration, and maybe get a vet opinion. Otherwise imo it could very likely just be scar tissue from an incident during life in the wild.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! I will keep an eye out and hope it’s scar tissue! Just wanted to be sure!

2 Likes

All the best to you both, and welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Thanks! I will be selling my first snakes in the future! I have a Gravid Egyptian False Cobra!

1 Like

Welcome to the family @kaydenf! You came to the right place for experienced help! And btw we all love pictures so if you want to share a whole picture of her, feel free! :+1::blush:. Hopefully her lump is a done deal from the wild and she is fine! :pray::pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

I would agree, it looks like an old healed wound. I would just keep an eye on it. BTW, very nice looking Saharan sand boa! I love the very light coloration. My 1.2 are much darker!

2 Likes