Say welcome home to Kai

Mr Kai had to go to the vet for antibiotics for a upper respiratory infection. Even though my humidity and heat are in check, he get them because he has a deformity in his nose. And that is what makes him predispose to them for no reason.

10 Likes

Glad he is doing well! I know he has a great owner who cares for him!

4 Likes

Thank you that means a lot @nathan_e

1 Like

That’s a bummer he’s predisposed to getting RIs. He’s fortunate to have a keeper ontop of things.

5 Likes

I will see if later I can get a picture that shows where the disformation is

3 Likes

Hope Kai makes a speedy recovery I know he’s in great hands! Has he taken any food yet? I know you said he was not eating for a while, probably was the RI keeping him from doing so.

1 Like

I fed a small mouse like a week and two days ago and then two days ago I fed a ex breeder mouse. Both where live and it took much encouragement for him to take

1 Like

Prayers for Kai🙏

1 Like

Hang in there Kai! You can do it! :heartpulse:

1 Like

Thank you, please do, trust me I am

Thank you @mblaney he is doing much better know that he is home, and not in a heated incubator at the vets

3 Likes

Any update on Kai? How did he respond to the antibiotics?

1 Like

He has two mare days of shots, and of course he decided to go in the shed. As of now I don’t hear any breathing complications nor see strings in his mouth so we’ll see. Thanks for asking by the way.

3 Likes

Poor dude…At least he has an owner who will take good care of him and the RI’s.

2 Likes

Thanks, his story is a really interesting one, he is my baby :snake:

3 Likes

I was able to get a pic of his facial deformity due to the fact that he has not pushed his face for three days so the swelling is down.

4 Likes