Scaleless corn snake

Has anyone produced a completely scaleless corn snake ? No belly scales as well

2 Likes

I have one

8 Likes

Interesting! I’ve never seen them without belly scales. Any issues with them? Did you hatch them yourself? Will you be breeding this one?

4 Likes

He has no issues at all , crawls and moves around just fine . I didn’t even notice him until when I was sexing them again and his belly was all white and it my attention. I have spoken to Don about him and it’s the first in this country he had heard of . I plan to do a test breeding in the future. He is really cool for sure!

Blockquote

6 Likes

Neat! Did he hatch without assistance? Since the egg tooth is technically a scale, I’m wondering if he was missing that too. Does he have the labial scales that most scaleless corns have? I would love to see more pics of him!

4 Likes

Thats wild!

4 Likes

He did hatch without issues on his own . He does also have scales around his mouth . He eats like a pig And growing fast . He is about 24 inches long now

8 Likes

Cool, very neat. Thanks for the info. I’ll be curious to see if he passes on his scaleless belly to any babies he might produce.

3 Likes

Personally, I would bet that he will.

2 Likes

Fascinating! He’s a handsome fellow too, in addition to being an interesting one. Had either of his parents been bred before? If so, what were the results?

3 Likes

Parents are scaleless , first time breeding them , he was the only completely scaleless in the clutch. We will see what happens when I breed him .

3 Likes

Are you going to be re-pairing his parents as well? I assume so, if you’ve still got both.

3 Likes

Definitely an interesting project if you have the time and money assuming this little guy is healthy!

3 Likes

Can honestly say Ive had dozens of scaleless corns and never once checked to see if any of them had belly scales lol. The belly scales arent exactly what people care about in this project. Ive heard scaleless ball pythons with no belly scales are difficult, so I dont think scaleless corns with no belly scales would be any sort of draw.

1 Like