Searching for eastern hognose defaults to western hognose category

I keep trying to search for eastern hognoses, but everytime I do it dumps me in western hognose category, even if I purposely go to other colubrids and specifically search in that category.

1 Like

The believe that you would have to go there the Other to see if they are available but I will tag @eaglereptiles to see if he knows of a way to that better. Hope you have a nice dayšŸ˜Š

1 Like

Sorry, Iā€™ve been super busy decorating all day :sleeping:

I actually canā€™t find any available on the market, I may be missing them but I would assume as Riley mentioned, they would be in ā€œotherā€. Iā€™ll keep searching though.

1 Like

Tri-colored hognoses are under the other but not eastern nor are they in the empty category section, so either there arenā€™t enough to move them out of other or there arenā€™t any for sale. Does anybody know of any other names that they could be listed under? Also when you look for them it might help to search ā€œeasternā€ the word hognose triggers it to go to western hognoses so if youā€™re in the other colubrids section and you search eastern then it should show all eastern hognoses for sale(last I checked there werenā€™t any).

1 Like

Glad someone brought this up. Iā€™ve been watching for easterns a while now and have found them in both categories. I kind of wish someone would water the western hognose down to just ā€œhognoseā€ and encourage people to list southern, eastern, plains (is it still a viable hog?) and possibly madagascars. Westerns will always dominate the listings, but hognose are hognose. It would just be perfect, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Maybe since most would be likely to come across a creatureā€™s scientific name aka taxonomic name over the course of oneā€™s research (that should be done before looking to acquire said creatureā€”this goes for anything not just hoggies) there should be an additional option to search based of taxanomic/scientific names for specific species. Just a random thoughtā€¦

1 Like