Sent the Wrong Snake?

I believe I just received the incorrect snake from the breeder. Could y’all help me out in verifying this please? The snake was listed as a leopard YB/asphalt.
These are the breeder’s pictures.

And these are the pictures of the snake I just unboxed.

The stripe behind the neck and the tail stripe look totally different to me.

3 Likes

Top snake has no breaks in the stripe on the tail.

5 Likes

Patterns can change over time but I think that you got sent a different snake with the same genes. I agree with Shaun that the bought snake has a solid line and the snake you got has breaks on the stripes.

6 Likes

Definitely a different snake

8 Likes

Thanks all for the verification @saleengrinch @erie-herps @jesseleavitt
I reached out to the breeder immediately too and he confirmed that he (his daughter actually, family thing) had accidentally packed and sent me the sibling from the clutch that he intended to be his holdback. He states that it is same genetics, same sex, and same pairing of course just with a busier pattern than the animal I had purchased. He offered me to keep this one or for him to send me a shipping label to send back and have them swapped. There lies the tough decision.

5 Likes

its up to you but IMO the bottom one looks better

3 Likes

Thank you! The breeder also went ahead and issued a partial refund for the inconvenience no matter which avenue I decide to take. This gives me a bit of confidence that he’s not just trying to pull anything over on me.

9 Likes

The breeder seems honest so it’s really your choice. You can’t make a wrong decision.

6 Likes

Sure he didn’t decide on keeping the top one as looks nicer? :sweat_smile:
I kid, but I’d want the one I purchased personally! I’ve had this happen with a fat tail and a crestie! The Fat tail I was given by reptasia was wrong and had a regrown tail, finally got the one I asked for couriered down over a week myself. And The Crestie I was sent the ‘wrong’ pictures, apparently of her brother instead. Luckily she’s ended up nicer than her brother. We got a partial refund for her.
It’s up to you though on which you prefer! :blush:

1 Like

Was it the gene combo that grabbed you or the individual look of the original snake? If you were just after the combination and they are guaranteeing the genetics, then keep the animal they’ve sent, just to reduce stress on the animal and minimize your time investment. If it was that particular snake’s look that wowed you, then have him switch it back so you receive what you desired.

5 Likes

This is the exact train of thought that led me to my decision. I was after the gene. Leopard specifically, to add to my yellowbelly complex plans and if the asphalt proves out then that’s just icing on the cake. So I opted to keep the animal I was sent and avoid putting any additional undue stress on the snake.

4 Likes

I like the bottom one best :grin:

2 Likes

I like the one you got better. It does look like the same genes as advertised. Sometimes the seller
uses a generic picture of the same gene animal, but what you get doesn’t look like the picture.
Most of the time they will tell you that in the description though. Very pretty snake.

3 Likes

Of course, you should receive the snake you intended to purchase unless the seller specifies the images they present are representations. That being said, I think the snake you received is the better example of the leopard patterning so I think you got the better end of the deal, IMHO.

2 Likes

Thank you! I ended up keeping the one I received and she’s been a great snake. She’s stayed so dark and iridescent; I love her look. Also been one of my best eaters I’ve owned but with the calmest most explorative demeanor outside of feeding day.

5 Likes