Separating "Jumping Spiders"

Invert enthusiast here and first post on the community. I was a huge fan when I discovered the Invertebrates section on the marketplace. It is definitely a very niche part of the hobby and it’s nice to find a place to browse multiple sellers.

Perhaps I am alone because MM is a primarily reptile based marketplace but I frequent the “True Spiders” section because that is an interest of mine. However, the influx of jumping spiders in the hobby has made this section hard to browse. The jumpers are often individually listed and the majority of the listings in the True Spiders section are jumpers. Which… don’t get me wrong I know they belong in that category, and I think they’re cool. However I would like to have the ability to separate them out to easily check out the other True Spiders.

I realize that there are likely very few people frequenting this category so demand in this area is likely low. However at this point there are so many jumpers listed I ithink it would make sense to give them their own section. Just wondering what MM thinks along with the (probably 3) other people frequenting this section. Thanks for reading people!

4 Likes

Welcome to the family :blush:

You can just add “-” in front of the keywords you don’t wish to see? :wink:
In this case “-jumping”

8 Likes

I had no idea! I’ll try that thanks for the help friend!

2 Likes

No problem at all :grin:

If you have more ideas or questions please let us know, as it gives us a chance to decipher them as a community and build great features/guides/tips :+1:

3 Likes

Can we PLEASE get a separate catagory for jumping spiders so that those of us that have ZERO interest in jumping spiders can find all of the other true spiders intermingled amongst all the jumping spiders??

Please?

3 Likes

Ah man! I just got a jumping spider and I thought you would be proud of me. Now I find out that you don’t like them! :sob:. Lol!

3 Likes

They are cute just not my thing.

3 Likes

There was a thread on this not too long ago. It would be neat but not sure if they will make a new section

3 Likes

Yep. If I counted correctly there are 16 non-jumping spiders out of 159 in that catagory. And one Inwas interested in so I have to go back and find it again.

3 Likes

And using the “-jumping” in the search doesnt filter them out now.

And I did find the Linothele sericata I was interested in!

4 Likes

I know! Just giving you a hard time! :heart::spider:

3 Likes

using “-jumping -regius” should help a bit more.

A lot of jumping spider shops are now posting as regius and sometimes regal. There’s still a few other species of jumper that will sneak in but easier to wade through.

3 Likes

Tried searching through “True Spider” catagory by excluding traits. But there are no traits for jumping spiders to exclude. Didnt want to look through 344 spiders to find the precious few that are the little fuzzy waving spiders.

1 Like

There are even jumping spiders in the “Other Invertebrates” catagory…

1 Like

I have the same request for the exact opposite reason… I’m severely arachnophobic, but jumping spiders don’t trigger me, and I’ve been wanting to get one, but having to see tarantulas and other arachnids while looking through the categories is painful to say the least, and quite a deterrent.

5 Likes

I kinda feel like this particular topic isn’t getting enough attention from those at the top of the food chain here.

4 Likes

It actually would be nice if the jumpers were apart from the T’s……… just sayin……

5 Likes