Sex of Crested Gecko

Greetings! Here is another one of my new geckos. Can any of you lovely folk help me determine its sex? It was sold to me as No Pores Seen, but now I’m wondering if I’m seeing the beginning of The Bulge or if I’m paranoid (I would like it if the gecko is female). Photos below.

1 Like

What is the apx. age and weight?

1 Like

Born in the 2019 season and currently weighing 17g. Thanks Riley. Those are excellent questions!

1 Like

I will tag @ghoulishcresties, @foxreptile, and @erie-herps to assist in this. By how much it weighs, I do see a slight bulge but my eyes are not skilled in CGs like the others I tagged. I would say female poss male, but wait for the others. :grin:

3 Likes

Females can have slight bulges as well. At this age and weight I’d say It’s likely a female although not 100% guaranteed as could be a very late bloomer. I can’t tell in the close up as it’s a little fuzzy, but males show pores, like in the pic below, before showing a bulge. If no pores, like I expect… Then I’d say female

3 Likes

For the age it is small, usually a lot bigger by now!

Also have you got a looper at all?
I’d of said female but if you look here it looks like pores also>

Get your phone light and have a look where I’ve circled if you haven’t got a looper!

1 Like

I agree that it’s likely a female. However it could be a male if you see pores.

2 Likes

Can you see any pores? I can’t tell on the pic

If you zoom in on where I circled there appears to be pores.

Ideally need to use a loupe or if seeing like that just a phone light to confirm.

Is small for the age though, but I’d assume female since age. But since small then could be a VERY late bloomer.

3 Likes