Sexing chameleon

So my girlfriend and I recently purchased a panther chameleon and we were wondering the sex of it? Does anyone have any insight?

2 Likes

I would say it is way to young to sex.

1 Like

thats what I was thinking but the breeder swore it was a male

Well maybe the breeder is seeing something I’m not but like what Ashley said it is very hard to tell at this stage. Even though I am not a chameleon breeder my buddy has kept and bred them for 6 years and has told me he only guarantees sex when they are a large juvenile to the subadult range just to be sure of sex.

4 Likes

We got our Panther Male tiny. And had some colour to him so was a he.
Was yours a he? As to me looks like a she. But maybe our boy was just pretty young. The breeder we got him from tried to buy him back from us, we said no so he offered to swap for a pair or a trio for him, we said no, last resort was him offering both the pair and trio and then with money. Was a firm no. Red stayed :joy:
Turned out he ended up nicer than his dad and all siblings and the Males he kept back himself! He’s 4 this year if I remember rightly, and he’s lovely and a grump all at the same time. Wouldn’t change him :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Boy oh boy, can I see a picture of him

1 Like

Here’s some of Red. I don’t have recent recent ones but he looks the same, may try get some tomorrow as long overdue pics with him. They don’t really change once get their full colours :blush: when hes reallt stripey it’s because he’s seen something he likes if you get me :wink: He quite liked our male Crestie once and showed us all his bits by exposing himself…

3 Likes

Wow :star_struck: he is incredible. I have never seen one like that before. Could it possibly be morph?

1 Like

He’s an Ambilobe x Nosey Be. There’s different types of Panther chameleons, so not morphs really. He just so happens to be a mix of 2! Think the nosey be is where the blue in him is from! And Ambilobe being the red etc :blush:

2 Likes

Wow that is a wonderful mix of the “lines”

2 Likes

That’s the word! Haha.
I’m too tired, should probably be sleeping :joy:

2 Likes

It is alright, the lines thing is what makes me interested in cresties

1 Like