Share your hopeful carpet pairings

Ill start, im hopeful for this pair of Amels, this will be thier second year, last year they produced some interesting patterned offspring…

Holdbacks

What are you hopefull for this year?

7 Likes

I dont have any carpets but im hopeful to continue to see the beauties you have! My pairing will be in another few years

3 Likes

I am not specifically pairing them, but my bredli live together so there is always the possibility they might go

He (back) is an Afors-line. She is Price-line. Would probably make for some really good red animals

7 Likes

Cool to see someone else Co-habing thier pairs, best of luck, they are beautiful!

2 Likes

Oh, that first baby is brilliant! It looks like stonewashed.

3 Likes

Thanks, its hard to tell but it has a dorsal stripe, it will be interesting to see how that one turns out…

7 Likes

He really is something special, definitely keep him lol.

2 Likes

I love the picture of the two of them cheek to cheek! :wink::blush::lizard::frog::snake:

2 Likes

Question for you:

I have been toying with the thought of picking up an Albino at some point. I really like the “white head/forebody” phenotype. Given the ontogenetic change in this group is pretty radical, what would I be looking for in a hatchling that would give me the best odds of ending up with an adult with the phenotype?

2 Likes

Good question…my initial thought would be to find the blackest (if parents were hets) parents, and if parents were albino the least contrasting?? With the idea that in abino the black is white, tan is yellowish and browns come out oranges…? Some lines of striped darwins are pretty black/dark (hets) that translates to less contrast more white like your saying…would love to hear some other peoples thoughts…

2 Likes

3 Likes