Shipping Prices

Hello all!

I have been out of the business portion of the hobby for a while now and am just getting back to it. I have shipped a few snakes lately and am curious how in the world people are shipping for 60 -75 dollars anymore. I just created a shipping label tonight for a snake that ran $154. Is the better rate just from quantity of shipments or am I doing something wrong lol.

2 Likes

Wow. What shipping option was it? Overnight, Priority Express, etc…

I knew shipping was pricey lately but hadn’t experienced it firsthand. $154 is insanity. I have shipped through ebay though and shipping for priority express was around $12 about 3 months ago. Totally random and not sure that helps but yeah :joy:

3 Likes

What company did you use? Was it all the way across the country? I’ve been paying 60-75 for most of my shipments.

3 Likes

Shipping has just skyrocketed since covid started- with so many people doing a lot more shopping from home. Even with my volume rate discount, it’s still pricey. I just quoted someone $70 to ship from the Chicago area to the NYC area.

3 Likes

Yeah, I live in western Missouri so I don’t have to ship all the way across the US. I can’t believe how pricey it’s gotten. Not to sound like an old timer but, I remember not too long ago thinking 70 was high…

4 Likes

It should not be that high. I can ship a 7x7x7 box from CA to NC for $80ish dollars (not including the shipping supplies). Are you using one of the reptile specific shippers? How large was the snake?

Here are the popular shippers I suggest using one of them.

-Ship your reptiles
-Reptiles2you
-Reptiles express

In response to how we can ship for $50-60, we can’t we just eat the extra $20-40 :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

What size box are we talking? I have shipped adults and that price wouldn’t be that out of line. That would be high for a hatchling size box.If you contact these companies and sign up for an account they will give you a discounted rate for your account.

3 Likes

The box size was 12x9x10. Weight was 3lbs. I shipped through ship your reptiles.

2 Likes

Agh… Its a bit late now, but you can use the coupon code MORPH45 to get 45% off the FedEx retail rate on one shipment through SYR.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I am in the same boat… I’m in SD now and shipping a 12x9x7 to CA is almost 100 through SYR. If I could ship all hatchlings in the 7x7x7 box it would be way less but being up north means early or late in the year they need heat packs.

1 Like

Because some big shippers will take a hit on some animals and make a profit on others so they even out over time.

1 Like

You shipped snakes for 12 on eBay? Shipping is goin to be less when compared to shipping reptiles

is it 80$ shipping

Not sure who you’re asking here, or what you’re asking exactly. But shipping snakes can easily be $80 and more. I just quoted some individuals that inquired about my adult female breeder size ball Python, and it was $100 for one and $120 for another. Shipping rates go up annually too.

2 Likes