Should I cut eggs?

We have been incubating at 87 degrees and had our first baby pip yesterday - day 58. This morning he/she is almost completely out of the egg. None of the other eggs have piped yet. Should we cut?

6 Likes

has it been 24 hours since the first pip? if so I would

7 Likes

Yes, I will cut when I get home from work this evening. Thanks!

5 Likes

no problem! I can’t wait to see them all :wink:
what was the pairing?

6 Likes

Pairing was a Pastave OD female to a Banana Mojave Clown male.

5 Likes

Now I am even more excited to see this clutch! these are going to be some killer babies and the added bonus that super Mojave is my favorite BEL is just the icing on the cake!

5 Likes

I’ll definitely post pics and updates. Really hoping for an OD Mojave, or Banana OD Mojave female and they’ll all be het Clown. Keeping fingers crossed!

4 Likes

I would also cut at the 24hr point. Especially with that one ready to go. Hopefully they got the idea to do it on their own while you’re working.

Quick tip since it looks like your first is a super mojave~
If you shine a light through top of the head like you candle an egg, the light will shine through the eyes.
On a regular super mojo, the pupils will shine red.
If it’s a banana super mojo the whole eye will shine red

8 Likes

Yes, definitely cut and show us pictures!!

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I was wondering if there was any way to tell if any other genes might be in there l!

4 Likes

That first baby is gorgeous! Congratulations and wishing you the very best for the rest of the clutch!!! :pray::blush:

4 Likes

This still makes me giggle a little. I don’t know why, just “Shine a flashlight through his lil translucent head” is an amusing mental image, and even funnier to see done. Snake is probably like “huh?”

7 Likes

Can confirm! Very confused noodles.
Especially since you already need to get them around the neck and head that they hate. XD

5 Likes

Any updates?

4 Likes

Looks like I have the Super Mojave, 2 Bananas or combos, and 2 Mojave, Pastel, or OD combos. I’ll continue to update as they leave their eggs. Thanks for all the help and support guys! Very excited about these little ones. May need some help identifying the correct morphs on them.

5 Likes

Awwwwww. Congratulations @twisted_by_design I am so happy for you and all those sweet babies! :+1::pray::heart::clap::100:

1 Like

Well, 3 have ventured out of their eggs. 2 more to go!

4 Likes

The top of the first picture is ADORABLE! That picture could be a “Ball Pythons of The Month” entry! :ghost::jack_o_lantern::skull:

2 Likes

They’re all out now! Looks like a nice clutch. I think I know what they all are but will wait till their first shed to be certain.

7 Likes