Show off your corns!

i want to see what types of corns you guys have

2 Likes

Very very plain but lovely amel one - Lucifer.

10 Likes

awww hes awsome! what morph? kinda looks like a sunkissed but thats just a guess. o wait i just now saw the amel part lol

1 Like

No, he is just amel/albino from what I know. Very orange, though.

2 Likes

Not a true blood red. One albino line I selectively bred over a long time to be high orange/red . They got redder with age and that covered any pattern.
Sadly I don’t have it or the blood line anymore. It was a very long time ago. But i sold many so I am sure the line and descendants are still around somewhere.

Old chemical photo scan -

12 Likes

Here are a few of mine:

11 Likes

Palmetto

Honey

Amel Scaleless

12 Likes

You all are making me wanna reactivate my desire to get a Corn. This was gonna be my 1st reptile of choice before the Uromastyx dethroned it. All your corns are wonderful!!:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

It happens all the time, just go on the morphmarket.com
And scroll through whatever and you will eventually find a new species that you wanna try out, LOL, at least it happens for me.

6 Likes

True except I’m specific about what kinda herps/exotics I’m interested in pet/companion wise and most of the snakes I would wanna try aren’t allowed for me due to bylaws aside from Corns/Milks/Kings. Im not into boas, pythons or geckos and cant have anything venomous even mildly so dream inverts are out as well. Now I want a Corn again on top of the Uro and some dart frogs…

2 Likes

@beast-blade-wolf_987 - I think my corn is the most easy going and charming of my snakes. I would higly suggest one to anyone who is thinking about getting a snake. No fuzz ever about anything. :orange_heart::snake: :orange_heart:

3 Likes

I was gonna go with a Corn at first but aside from the Uro’s cute charm winning me over I also realized that it would be a bit more troublesome for me to get food regularly for a cute rodent eating snake vs a cute veggie eating lizard. As far as snakes go the ones I want most are Corns, hognose, False water cobra and stuff in the Drymarchon genus.

2 Likes

Corns to be!
They should be 100% normal wild type unless there are some unknown hets lurking. Female is het Amel, Anery, Caramel, Hypo, poss het Motley. Male is het Palmetto from a Palmetto to field-collected pairing.
My first clutch of eggs in about 15 years. I’ve produced a few hundred corns, but I was never more excited than I am again this year.

7 Likes

i dont know how people keep up with so many hets lol, but i hope all the babies turn out okay!

1 Like

@reptileownerr - I don’t keep up, I write it down. I know I’m too dumb to remember.

1 Like

honestly, if i bred a snake with so many hets my head would explode trying to figure out what they have haha

2 Likes

With corns I like to make some crazy morphs, and I might make some morphs with my Papuan Carpets, but generally speaking I like wild type animals. I wanted wild type corn snakes, and with this pairing I should get them.

1 Like

im questioning on buying a spider het piebald and het piebald, they would make some cool babies (piebald is one of my favorite morphs) i just think corn snakes are a bit less popular, so they are more expensive, so im going with ball pythons (i might get some corns in the future)

wait, im confusing myself- ok so ive done more research on ball pythons, and i want to have a piebald project first. in the future i want to start a scaleless project with corn snakes. corn snakes are one of my favorite snakes by the way

1 Like

I just put a down payment on five ball pythons for a clown piebald etc breeding project. I have 5 corn snakes, too. I try to buy snakes 2.3 at a time, these days. :smiley: I still need another female carpet python, maybe two. The struggle (not to buy every snake I see) is real.

1 Like