Show Off Your Cresties šŸ¤©

Canā€™t wait to see what you create :clap: I love doing up enclosures :relaxed:

I never knew we could reply to ourselves :joy:

2 Likes

Oh dearā€¦ā€¦ :joy:

3 Likes

I love the conversations on here, and anyone can jump in without having to read the other messages (if they donā€™t want to)

2 Likes

HaHa I replied to myself :rofl:

2 Likes

They should 100% read the other 1000+ comments :rofl: :heart:

4 Likes

Iā€™m using this tutorial for the background and Iā€™m going to add cork bark and some planters. I spent way too much on cork bark (>$80) but it should last a while.

I can just imagine you spamming every thread replying to yourself. :rofl:

3 Likes

Ooooh cannot wait to see it done :star_struck:

3 Likes

Itā€™s a great tutorial :+1: @ghoulishcresties makes great backgrounds and did well to explain the steps :+1::+1:

I promise I wonā€™t spam them all :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Maybe just a few :rofl:

3 Likes

@foxreptile dont you dare post less!

@ghoulishcresties girl, heā€™s just living his best life trying to be a salamander!

@erie-herps pleeeease share photos!

5 Likes

Iā€™m getting impatient for the cork bark to arrive, I canā€™t wait to start. Until then Iā€™m going to get supplies and plants.

@ghoulishcresties @foxreptile what are your thoughts on drainage layers? Do you think theyā€™re beneficial or pointless?

3 Likes

In no relation to this conversation, I may post less this month :disappointed: Christmas is coming and I have a lot to do before the kids are off school, Iā€™m expecting this to happen sooner then scheduled :flushed: so I need to try to prepare. If all goes well, then you will see me in here like usual!

Thatā€™s a lot of cork bark :+1:

I use hydro balls. They help to keep humidity high plus you donā€™t have to worry about over watering the plants (within reason). I do have some enclosures without the drainage layer but I think it helps with healthy penny grief

I will definitely be getting some Christmas photos with some of the Cresties.

Iā€™m off to spam now :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

You didnā€™t ask me, but Iā€™m going to answer anyway with my own opinion. :wink:

Definitely important. It stops a soupy mess, and that way you wonā€™t kill your plants by having too much water. With that said, Iā€™m not sure how @ghoulishcresties has done this in the hatchling boxes.

@foxreptile i feel that in my soul. Iā€™m not looking forward to sugared-up preteens. :joy: you got this!

2 Likes

My kids are young, so the pressure is on :rofl: I love everything Christmas :christmas_tree:

I have one box set up and a couple of small Exo Terras without the drainage and they are doing okay just slow growth for the plants and I tend not to add water to the substrate as much, plus less substrate

1 Like

The hatchling enclosures donā€™t have a drainage layer, not needed one! Hoping I donā€™t! :sweat_smile:
They do well, actually got more substrate to do some more up, but they keep moisture well and havenā€™t been overflowed with water or anything :blush:

3 Likes

I have a couple vivs without drainage layer, thatā€™s because I ran out of bio balls! But theyā€™ve been fine, now I am setting up the mister and that means Iā€™ll need one as will be a lot more water in them than me doing it myself.
If youā€™re misting yourself then really you donā€™t have to have one, all my plants are doing well, growing, never too much water in the vivs either. :grin:

3 Likes

The tank came with an automatic mister and Iā€™ll likely try to keep the humidity high so Iā€™ll add a drainage layer (time to add screen to the shopping list, lol).

3 Likes

We got a new 18x18x36 and will be redoing a few ourselves with the spray foam and branches in the background. Also need to do a smaller one for little Dorito.

4 Likes

Especially my gecko pics! Totally no bias there :grin:

5 Likes

Oh for sure the gecko pics :wink:
You can all skip the chat and go right for the pictures! :laughing:

4 Likes