Show Off Your Cresties 🤩

Here’s my boy York! He’s missing a toe from a bad shed way before I got him.

4 Likes

He’s beautiful!
Show us more :joy::heart:

1 Like

These won’t be staying but I do love them, and I kinda want to keep a certain 1, but I know I need to be careful who stays this year… :sob:

Oooohh. I wonder if one of these would be chosen by Emily as one of hers?? :joy::heart:

4 Likes

So many cuties! :heart_eyes: yessss please more!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, your Crestie is awesome. Does York get around okay with one toe missing?

2 Likes

I love the idea of reptile for presents,:gift: they are cute

My eldest has chosen his royal python, as you know from my other thread, were hoping to put it in his room for his birthday :crossed_fingers:

I have told my eldest that if he still wants cookie :cookie: when cookie is fully grown and I’ve managed to breed him at least once then he can have him and rename him or he can choose a baby Crestie. He use to have Gingerbread Latte but she got big and he didn’t like how big she got.
I have noticed that some males don’t get that big so I’m thinking a male gecko might be better for him.

4 Likes

Milkyway out for some Christmas photos :christmas_tree:

8 Likes

Oh bless him!
Maybe watching one grow from hatching would be different? :blush:

I still would like Emily to pick a pair. I’m going to ask her which colour is her favourite and go from there, because if I say which Crestie it will be Pumpkin :sweat_smile::heart:

3 Likes

@ghoulishcresties @foxreptile
I noticed a small amount of stuck shed on my baby crested gecko yesterday, on one of the back legs and some of the tail. It was from the humidity being too low and I’ve fixed the problem but the stuck shed hasn’t come off. I was planning on putting the gecko in a humid deli cup for about 15 minutes and using a Q-tip to get the shed off. I wouldn’t be surprised if the gecko drops its tail but I’d like to try to prevent that.
My question is what’s the best way to get the stuck shed off without the gecko getting too stressed? Should I use a larger or smaller deli cup, should I leave the gecko in shallow water or damp paper towels, should I leave the gecko in for 15 minutes or overnight to soften the shed, should I leave the gecko at room temperature or a cool incubator (not too hot but warm)?

3 Likes

I would just try take off, or leave until next shed. Shouldn’t be a problem :blush:

If you want to put into a tub with paper towels that may get it off also!

2 Likes

Damp towels (at room temp) for 10-20 minutes and it should come off on its own, if not I’d put back into the enclosure and repeat tomorrow, I wouldn’t pull off until a few days had past then I’d look into using a q-tip.

I use braplast tubs or takeaway tubs

3 Likes

I’ll try that tonight, thank you!

3 Likes

Okay, so here are the parents. He said he doesn’t have pictures of the grandparents on his phone. He can’t get the baby to fire or even misfire he said. :rofl: :woman_facepalming:t3:

@ghoulishcresties

4 Likes

If that’s dad. Go for it! :rofl::heart:

3 Likes

And then put to a tricolour!! :laughing:

3 Likes

I emailed him back and I was like, boyyyyyyyyy your male is beautiful! Lol

3 Likes

Omg the boy is awesome :heart_eyes: and both have good head structure so I would like to think babies head will improve with age.

3 Likes

Y’alllllllll, look at the one he just sent meeeee!
He told me the first one I saw listed on Craigslist is pet quality only so that’s a no go for me. I’m thinking about getting this one instead :heart_eyes: watcha think?

5 Likes

Yes. Just yes!!! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Tricolour pinstripe with white tips?! Yes!

Little stunner :heart:

3 Likes