Show Off Your Cresties đŸ€©

Have you got any pics of her offspring?

I think the reason we like reds do much is because they are awkward lol

Have to wait ages for colour to show through and it’s usually hard to capture the true red on camera lol plus my red Crestie is a fussy eater. She is finally eating a reasonable amount of food, but no insects. Hopefully she will gain weight in time for breeding next year :crossed_fingers: although I may be looking for another red :wink: incase she never makes it to breeding weight.

1 Like

I want to see some more of the white/lavender and green cresties! I don’t know the morph names or specific color names but the lavender looking ones and the green babies are so pretty to me

3 Likes

Lavender and olive!
I’m waiting for a couple of mine to get older as May be lavender.
But I don’t currently work with olive as I sold my male, as unless putting to a red, or Orange, you don’t really get out nice morphs or colours and they’re all a bit ‘brown’.

2 Likes

I should be getting a new crestie soon. We’re leaving in a few minutes. I’ll update once we’re home.

4 Likes

I’d love a Lavender gecko, they’re colour is awesome
 I’m hoping to produce some from my soft scales in a few years but will see.

Do you mean white as in Lilly Whites? Or high white Cresties in general?

1 Like

Ooooo I can’t wait to see pics :grin:

1 Like

Chop chop!!
Keeping us in suspense, can we get a clue as to what morph? :joy:

2 Likes

Blooming gutting about our Harold considering that he’s a lavender!
Keep being asked about Zombie being one too, she’s just grey and a strange pinstripe thing haha :joy:
Clutches here from Harold should be a few weeks I’d say. So will see how they do! The 2 from him are doing amazing and nothing wrong so I’m hoping just a bad few clutches

And I’m hoping for these 2 here to be lavenders (not from him though)

Just lighter cresties in general I love!

2 Likes

I hope the rest are okay :crossed_fingers: Are you going to keep him if you can’t breed him anymore?

I love dark base geckos with light markings the most, but I really want a Lavender and a yellow base crestie one day.

I want an axanthic one day
 But that’s way way in the future

1 Like

Unsure as he’s taking up room for another male.
So he may go to the others half’s friend who has god knows how many reptiles and a few rescues! So we can keep updated too then! He even had a rescue off us last year we took on with 4 others that was skin and bone with severe floppy tail! And he loves him and carries him around everywhere haha :sweat_smile:
Wouldn’t trust selling him as people may think ‘well I’ll try!’ And no. No you won’t :joy:

Well I’ve decided CrĂšme BrĂ»lĂ©e (Berb x Goldmember line) the yellow harlequin is going to Haise my Extreme who’s white/cream in colour with very minimal base! As thought cannot go wrong with Yellow Extremes! :laughing:

Oh same here! And an Axanthic Lily! Also, a Melanistic (You’ll love them) but that will be further down the line again since that breeder in Korea only last year I think it was produced them!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Very true, I think I want one of every morph / trait / colour lol

Yellow base with off white dorsal would be lovely :star_struck:

Looks like I will be getting Berb soon :crossed_fingers:

I sooooo can’t wait, although her enclosure isn’t complete yet as the Tradescantia zebrina isn’t grown enough to put in (I’m making another hanging basket) so I will have to get the rest ready and add that in later.

Bio-active part has been ready for about a month with 2 plants so will just need to do the finishing touches.

1 Like

@foxreptile @ghoulishcresties She was a craigslist find (from someone moving), so a pet rather than for breeding plans. She was cared for very well. I only needed to make a couple of modifications to the enclosure and they weren’t necessary, just for my preference. I was also wondering if you could guarantee sex for me. I’m thinking female (and she was purchased as one) but I figured I’d ask. I also wanted to know how long I should quarantine for. I have her in an extra bedroom (used for storage) and I’ll feed her last and use supplies around her last. I was wondering how long she should be in quarantine and if there was a test to make sure she can come out of quarantine (like getting a negative fecal) Sorry for the circle around the pictures, I recently got a mirrorless camera and I need an adapter to shoot with my lenses.

Enclosure when I got it.

Enclosure once finished.

2 Likes

Oh I love a bright gecko!
Yeah she’s a she alright :blush:

Since I know where my Cresties come from with breeders I get from I don’t actually quarantine them. With the new girls a couple weeks ago they got added in with my other females straight away. But I knew they were all kept separate and healthy. I know a lot of people and breeders who don’t have have never quarantined at all too.

Pongo was also kept alone (not from a breeder) but he had own viv, was never bred etc.
He’s in the same ‘reptile outhouse’ as everyone else, and what’s been since I brought him home. But obviously being a male got his own viv anyway!

I know that some people do like to quarantine though, and ranges from 2 weeks to 2 months though.
So it all depends on how you feel about it!

If was their only Cresties and kept alone etc I personally wouldn’t worry at all!

1 Like

They said they had 2 other geckos but they didn’t have space for all of them since they were moving. I haven’t quarantined my others since the crested geckos all came from breeders and my leopard geckos came from a total of 3 breeders.

I quarantine all my new Cresties. Doesn’t matter if they were with other Cresties or not as diseases etc could come from substrate, lack of cleaning, water & food bowl or even insect feeders.

I quarantine in the same room but further apart from the rest and I do food etc separate. I do so for 1 month but I know some people have quarantined for longer.

I’ve never had a Crestie tested so not sure on that - they have all seemed healthy, but I’m sure the vet could check somehow of you wanted. If I had any reason to believe they had anything, I would’ve taken them to the vet & quarantined longer.

I agree looks to be a she, but do you have any closer pics of her, just to be certain (won’t let me zoom too much). How much does she weigh? If above 15g then definitely a female.

Do you have any pics of her fired up? She looks awesome, as does the enclosure :+1:

She could still be bred, as long as she is bred to a Crestie with good lineage to counter act her lack of lineage, however you are more likely to get kinder surprises and the value will be slightly less, if only suggest to do so if she has good features eg. Wide crests. But you have plenty of time to decide on that :relaxed:

2 Likes

I meant the color in general! Like the creamish white with the lavender color. Like I said I wouldn’t know the names of morphs as I know next to nothing about cresties. Never really interested me before, but I am finding quite a few colors and patterns I like so I might look into them a bit more now! Overall the super rich dark colors like deep reds, browns, and greens, and super pale creamy whites and grey’s are both really appealing, especially when they have little to no pattern on them.

2 Likes

I like the cream and lavenders, I haven’t seen many though.

If your interested in learning morphs I have made a morph guide on here (it’s a working progress). I haven’t put much as far as colours go as most are just called the colour they are but I might add it in at a later date.

I have a deep red and cream girl names strawberry :strawberry: she is a lovely calm girl, this is her below. Cream on dark colours are my favourite

2 Likes

I don’t just like them, I love them :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Me too. I REALLY want one
 But not just any, I want a soft scale one :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

I would want a female one :grin:

1 Like