Show off your fish!

Show off all your fish! Whether they are fresh or salt water, cold water or tropical, lets see them fishes!

(I will get some pics of my goldfish in the next few days)

9 Likes

I have lots!
I’ll show my bettas, first up, Neytiri! She’s a female Plakat.

Next, Hansel. He’s a veil tale.

Then we have Cheshire. A galaxy koi Plakat male.

12 Likes

Wow they are beautiful! The tanks look great also! Do you have a favorite?

4 Likes

I think I like Neytiris personality best, she’s so sassy!
But Cheshire might be the prettiest :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Sometimes I miss my freshwater fish tanks I had.

I tried to get into breeding dwarf cichlids. I had German blue rams, a dark knight ram, various apistogramma species, and a display tank that was fully planted with angelfish, some corys and various other fish.
Photo dump here. Sorry if they’re a mess and in no particular order. I just had to quickly scroll through my photos to find some of these.

13 Likes

I have a very small amount of fish now, but I’ve been keeping bettas for about two and a half years now. I’ve had a TON of stunning fishies, but these are some of my favorites:

This is unfortunately the best pic I have of this gorgeous boy, but he was a stunner.
Currently I have two Betta Dimidiata, which is a wild species of betta. They’re mouthbrooders, and my pair has spawned a couple times, but I never see the fry, which is a little disappointing. Still love them though.

This is the male.

11 Likes

Here’s my 10 gal. Just a betta in their now

Then the 5. Also a beta in there

Then the 29 ga. Stocked with black skirts, zebra danios, a bristlenose pleco and ghost shrimp.

And lastly, the 55 gal, stocked with Glowlights, kuhli loaches, cherry barbs, clown plecos and a female betta.

11 Likes

Beautiful! I loved having African cichlids. The compressiceps was my favorite.

7 Likes

Thanks! If I ever got back into any fish now, I’d probably just have a single smaller tank with a beta or something, or maybe some shell dweller cichlids. Those guys are pretty cool to watch and they stay small.

6 Likes

My favorite picture of one of my goldfish

10 Likes

I guffawed, that face lmao.

3 Likes

I need that as a meme template

3 Likes

Heres a few pics from a freshwater tank my wife had. Pea puffers were cool.

10 Likes

10 Likes

He looks like a little kid asking for candy :rofl:

8 Likes

He was pretty cool when the claws would come up one at a time trying to get my attention. Lol

2 Likes

Did she like the pea puffers? I have heard conflicting opinions on them. I would love a tank with them someday. Some people say they just die super easily and then some say they don’t.

3 Likes

Depends on where you get them from. Just like any “popular” animal in the trade, there’s a ton of inbreeding going on here and that causes issues.

Prime example of this is neon tetras. They used to be a staple, but they’re so inbred now people recommend avoiding them.

Finding a good source is key basically

3 Likes

We honestly never had bad luck with any species we tried besides the amazon puffers that were locally collected. They are very sensitive. The pea puffers can be difficult due to the size of the food source and keeping very low flow in the tank. I’d recommend only housing pea puffers in the tank so theres no competition for food. Once you find a good dependable supplier then that can increase your chances of survival.

4 Likes

Wife caught some jewel cichlids today in my friends pond for her tank. They’re really pretty.

6 Likes